• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Painting a 1970 Dodge Coronet 500 in a 1971 color?

SteveSS

Local time
2:56 AM
Reaction score
If I keep the car long enough to have it painted I was thinking Citron Yella/Curious Yellow. As you know that's a 1971 color. We painted the 1971 Challenger the 1970 color Sublime but I knew we were keeping it. I will most likely sell the '70 Coronet. Do you think it will hurt the resale value? The car is Ivory right now but that's not a great resale color. The interior is saddle brown.

Curious yellow with a brown int?

Uh...

Better than purple with a brown interior !!!

Its your car, paint it whatever you like.

I'm in the process of painting my '69 RR right now. I'm leaning towards Lamborgini "Arancio Borealis" which is an orange pearl metallic. The car was originally Y2 yellow. Screw the purists !!

lamborghini2011arancioborealis1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i don’t think it will hurt resale . once you vary from the original color i dought a 70 color over 71 will be a deal breaker….

OP might get away with orange, red or dark green.

Root Beer Brown is the obvious choice.

I tell you what, in that body style, I recently saw a black car with painted black bumpers.... wow, what an awesome look ! Just a thought. As for color itself, I agree with YY1, matter of fact, that color with painted bumpers could probably look spectacular.

I tell you what, in that body style, I recently saw a black car with painted black bumpers.... wow, what an awesome look ! Just a thought.
I was just going to type black. I saw a few B & E bodies black with saddle interior and it looks very nice...

Nothing’s going to hurt the value of a 70 Coronet more than the front end does.
As it did when I remember the reaction when that bodystyle was introduced. It was instant barf-bag. But, I tell ya, that pic with the painted bumpers I viewed seemed to transform the car. I loved it !

Wide rear tires, a good rake, and a decent color go a long way towards making the front styling more palatable.

I have a citron Charger and it's dayglo yellow,with a hint of radiant sublime in it!

20220821_144252.jpg

20220821_144237.jpg

20220619_120225.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back