• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking lamp socket 67 GTX

Gary Spaid

Local time
6:18 AM
Reaction score
In checking my lights I have found the socket for my right parking lamp is all corroded. I removed the lens, dropped the can loose but cannot get the socket out of the can. What is the trick to remove the socket?

Its press crimped into the hole. Carefully cut it as close to flush and grind the rest away. There is no true replacement socket that I am aware of. So some out of the box thinking is required to install an aftermarket socket.

If you're considering a replacement, keep in mind that the entire parking light assembly for your 67 GTX is identical to the front assembly for the 65 Belvedere/Satellite. Might help broaden your search for a replacement.

I think i saw a post about this recently. They used something like this. Dorman has several sockets like this so i'm not sure which one is the correct size. They have single and double wired 8580X part numbers.

85803-007.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back