• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parking Lamp / Turn Signal Problem

69 GeeTeeX

Local time
7:18 AM
Reaction score
Just thought I'd share what happened and what the problem was. 1968 Plymouth right front parking / turn signal wouldn't work at all. Lights off and turning on the right front turn signal switch nothing happened but the left front signal worked fine.

Then with parking or headlights on right front signal in bumper still didn't work but the fender indicator and green signal in dash stayed on. Car was freshly restored with all new wiring, switches, bulbs, NOS parking lamp assembly etc. so I knew I had a ground problem.

Found the new 1157 bulb I used had a defect with one of the two electrical contacts being shorter than the other resulting in a bad connection.
1157 Bulb.jpg

Could just be a bad connection. Check continuity with a DVM. Also, 1968 was the last year for isolated park lights in the front. They only get power in the park position on the headlight switch.

The bulb contacts in the photos was the problem, It's already fixed.

Good find .... I've come across that before, doesn't happen too often! ... damn cheap bulbs!

Auto Transport Service
Back