• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Parting out 1968 Dodge Coronet 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

'68 Charger

Local time
5:02 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_8706.jpg

Parting out a 1968 Dodge Coronet 440 model 4 door WH41F8Exxxxxx early build date 8-21-67. This is a complete Arizona car and it is rust free with exception of the rear lower quarter panel bottoms between the wheel well and the rear bumper. Trunk extensions are not rusted. Also some rust at the rear windshield channels. Will know more once I remove the rear windshield. All frame rails and floor boards are rust free. The trunk floor appears to be rust free as well but I need to investigate more.

Drive Train
Engine:
Factory 318 car but has been replaced with a 1969 340. Yes that’s correct, a 340 with a May 9th 1969 build date. Original block and racing X heads. It has a 1972 340 intake. The carburetor is an Edelbrock 1407 2411. This engine ran under my watch before I pulled it out and I have a YouTube video to provide you that fact. The 340 is using the OEM distributor that came with the 318. It’s a points set-up. The car has headers instead of the stock manifolds. Does not have the OEM air cleaner, instead it has a chrome aftermarket air cleaner.

Numbers:
Engine stamping LH head front: EW340P28420079
Casting LH bank: 2780930-340-8

Heads(X): 2531894 2.02/1.60 valves
Intake: 3614025-1 (1972)

EW340P28420079 equates to:
E = 1969 Year
W = Windsor engine assembly plant
340 = CC
P = Premium
2842 = May 9th 1969 Mopar Julian calendar 10,000 day
0079 = built sequence number of that day

Transmission:
Auto 904-LA 1968 pre 2-1-1968
2892029 2670432

Rear End:
8-3/4” open 2.76 gear ratio, 741 case.

Body:
All bolt on body panels are in very good shape, front fenders, hood, doors and the deck lid. This Coronet was original white and has been painted what appears to be yellow before the current sublime green that’s on it now. So it has some layers of paint but no dents or rust. This 440 model did come with the side molding trim and the holes for the mounting clips have been filled and smoothed over.

All glass is good except for the front windshield. It has some top to bottom cracks. Grille and headlight bezels are in good shape. Some of the grille squares are skewed. The bezels are ding/dent free, very nice. Rear tail panel trim/tail lights/DODGE letters are in good shape.

Options etc:
This car is an A/C car. All engine A/C components are missing except the water valve. 26” radiator with both exits on the driver’s side. Manual brakes with front drums. Rear window defrost. 3 speed wiper system. P/S steering auto column shift. Black interior, front door panels have round speaker cutout holes, rear panels are good. Dual manual mirrors, rocker panel trim (LH rp trim has two holes drilled in them).

This is my first run of this car here on FBBO. Very few parts have already been sold: sun visors, P/S pump & brackets and one horn bracket.

Also this is my first “Mopar Parts Cars/Parting out” listing so I’m not sure what the exact rules are but here are some of the prices of the major items:

Prices:
340 engine $1800.00 (5/9/1969 date code)

Air cleaner to oil pan, Edelbrock carb, alternator/brackets, motor mounts, W/P pulley/spacer/fan blade(non clutch), distributor, fuel pump, coil, throttle bracket. Not included with price: headers/ex. manifolds, flex plate, P/S pump/brackets(sold). I can provide a video of it running to interested parties.

Fenders $650.00 each
Hood (non Super Bee) $400.00
Grille with “DODGE” letters and headlight bezels $250.00 complete
Doors w/glass regs/panels $200.00 each (ex. handles & mirrors separate)
Trunk lid $750.00 (dent free, rust free including lip, trim piece separate)
Front bumper with guards (needs new rubber) $150.00
Rear bumper with guards (needs new rubber) $150.00
Steering column P/S, Auto on column $125.00

All prices above do not included shipping. Parts are located in Las Vegas, NV. Willing to ship most items, prefer local p/u on the large items. Will not ship the 340 but I will cooperate with your shipper and transport it locally to their meeting point.

Payments preferred: PayPal, Postal Money Order, Money Order, personal check (shipped when funds clear).

Please reply with any questions or needs. If you PM me and my box is full, please notify me here on the thread. I will do my best to keep my inbox and this thread updated. I will send you pics, prices, shipping quotes upon request. My current status on this 68 Coronet part out is the front clip is removed, engine pulled, front windshield & steering column pulled.

Thanks for looking. Mopars rule!

IMG_8707.JPG IMG_8708.JPG IMG_8709.JPG IMG_8711.JPG IMG_8782.JPG IMG_8825.JPG IMG_8858.JPG IMG_8864.JPG IMG_9028.JPG 20160714_194729.jpg

Last edited:
How is the front floor pan and the left in error fender? I need a good pan to patch my Bee and the inner fender if it's good under the battery tray.
Thanks,
Darin

Do you still have the windshield?

Front or rear? The front windshield has cracks as mentioned above in my listing. The rear windshield is factory tint and in good condition but has been custom tinted by previous owner.

I'd be interested in the tail panel, as in the actual body metal that the tail lights mount to spanning from quarter panel to quarter panel. Is that pretty straight and rust free? If so, what would you part with it for?
Thanks!
-Mike

I'd be interested in the tail panel, as in the actual body metal that the tail lights mount to spanning from quarter panel to quarter panel. Is that pretty straight and rust free? If so, what would you part with it for?
Thanks!
-Mike

PM sent :thumbsup:

'68 - your PM box is full. Trying to get in touch with you about the rear window trim.

-Kurt

How much for the complete dash with trim?

Do you still have seat belts

I do have the seat belts. Keep in mind that this is a 4 door seat belt set-up. The car came with out shoulder belts. Some of them have defects. The two front seat re-tractors are the earlier style with the smaller casings. One re-tractor is in good shape, the other needs attention. The two rear seat re-tractors are in good shape. Most likely that all of the belt straps will need to be re-dyed. They are black in color but faded.

$20.00 for each strap/buckle
$30.00 for each rear seat re-tractor
$20.00 for defective re-tractor (LH) front
$40.00 for the good re-tractor (RH) front

$125.00 for all in picture

I have more detail pics of when they were still on the car.

f742aaa6-cd23-4b5d-8140-0af2751729c4.jpg

How much for the complete dash with trim?

Thanks for replying, sorry for the late reply.

All of the hard trim has been sold so the complete dash is not available. Also I'm keeping the bare dash frame intact for VIN purposes if I decide to sell the rolling shell. It may become available later if I decide to cut up the car, but for now I'm keeping the bare dash frame. But all other remaining dash components are available for sale. Here's a list of the available and not available key dash components.

Sold:
- Long trim piece
- Radio bezel
- LH end cap bezel
- Glove box bezel
- Main Wire Harness
- AM Radio
- Glove box light
- Light package wire harness
- Ignition switch
- Map light

Still available:
- Glove box door
- Center pad
- Switch panel w/switches
- Top dash pad (thrashed core only)
- Ash tray (slider type)
- Steering column cover plate
- A/C side vents (metal)
- A/C ducts
- Defrost vents (each one has 2 broken studs)
- Speaker bracket (center)

Black steering wheel? Glove door and ctr pad?

Hi. I suppose the trunk lid has already gone? If not the 4 door lid I'm told is the same as the 2 door. Do you know if that's the case? Kind reagrds

Hi. I suppose the trunk lid has already gone? If not the 4 door lid I'm told is the same as the 2 door. Do you know if that's the case? Kind reagrds

Sorry, yes the trunk lid is sold. And they are the same between 2 door and 4 door.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back