• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passenger side tri-vent insert dis-assembly

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:14 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone done there own restoration on one of these simulated wood grain tri-vents? Specifically, removing and then successfully reinstalling the double vent? Was going to send it out for restoration until I got the quote which was just under $1200. I decided I would try myself. I can get the pins on either side of the vents out but its the middle bracket that I am unsure of. It looks like there are two small pins that hold a brace down. I can get the pins heads off by lightly grinding and then I'm guessing the brace will come off. Securing it back in place will be a challenge. Maybe a dab of epoxy at the pins would work? Any suggestion or experience would be appreciated.

img0000(11).jpg

img0001(9).jpg

Fantastic! That did the trick. Thanks very much. Was able to get the double vent out by moving the pin side to side. Doesn't move much but it was enough to get the vents outs. Hopefully they will go back in just as easy

Auto Transport Service
Back