• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Passport Pains

Dibbons

Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
My spouse sent her old passport to be renewed to the Guadalajara U.S. Consulate in Guadalajara (we live in Mexico now). Well, they returned her old passport without issuing a new one-the note enclosed said her signature was not similar enough to what it was ten years ago. Now have to do the paper work all over again. Yikes!

Well, they sent the old passport back, so anyone can "copy" the signature now. I wonder why passports don't include at least a thumb print? Silly when you think about it.

Strange: My wife has her dual and had to fly down a few years ago to renew her Mexican one. Luckily it went well but is a major pain to keep up. The way Canada is degenerating though we want to be able to buy property down there in the future if things up here don't straighten out.

Auto Transport Service
Back