• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peak Trim

Charger Ted

Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I am looking for direction on how to remove the peak trim on my 66 Charger. I want to have it polished. I read an article on it but can not seem to find it again. TIA
Ted

Get yourself the:

19Pcs Trim Removal Tool,Car Panel Door Audio Trim Removal Tool Kit, Auto Clip Pliers Fastener Remover Pry Tool Set with Storage Bag​

J moulding on the back have two small sheet nuts to remove. Think 7/16. The quarter panel trim pry off with the tools. Careful and try and save the clips that hold these and the longer piece connects to the short one with a sleeve. Over the door the ends remove by a small nut and the rest pry off and you will most likely need to buy new clips at Mega Parts. Same goes with the two sections on the front fenders again held together with a sleeve. All this is shown on the 66 Charger Service Manual Supplement p24.

Auto Transport Service
Back