• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

The wheels have smiley faces in them.

1704811715817.jpeg

Top car is a Satellite.
I wonder if it was born that way.
I've seen a factory FC7/white 1970 318 Challenger.
NOT being argumentative, but it appears to have an emblem on the 'scoop' there on the quarter; RoadRunner maybe? Did the Satellite have one? Cant remember...

NOT being argumentative, but it appears to have an emblem on the 'scoop' there on the quarter; RoadRunner maybe? Did the Satellite have one? Cant remember...
I think that's just a reflection. If my memory serves me right, the '70 Satellite had an emblem on the fender just in front of the door.

Here's my 70 Roadrunner, built 383, built 727 with Cheetah valve body and zoom 4.10 rear gears, sitting in my high school parking lot circa 1976 or 77.

Scan2024-01-09_141712.jpg

I think that's just a reflection. If my memory serves me right, the '70 Satellite had an emblem on the fender just in front of the door.
My memory is that a Satellite had a chrome moulding along the upper fender line down the side and 'Satellite' in front of the wheel opening, along with a flat hood. A Sport Satellite had no side moulding, "Sport Satellite" emblem on the fender behind the wheel opening, W/O mldgs and the domed hood of a Road Runner/GTX.
Y'all are gonna make me get up and go dig out my 70 brochures...

Looks like it has a flat hood.

OK, maybe not...

...and I do think I see "Road Runner" on the side scoop.

Noting to see here, continue on with the normal activity.

My memory is that a Satellite had a chrome moulding along the upper fender line down the side and 'Satellite' in front of the wheel opening, along with a flat hood. A Sport Satellite had no side moulding, "Sport Satellite" emblem on the fender behind the wheel opening, W/O mldgs and the domed hood of a Road Runner/GTX.
Y'all are gonna make me get up and go dig out my 70 brochures...
Maybe Sport Satellite is the one I'm thinking of. I do remember that Sport Satellite had a horseshoe shaped chrome trim on the front edge of the side scoop also. If you have brochures, pull those bad boys out so we can see, I got rid of mine.

Auto Transport Service
Back