• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

CB4F52A4-9102-4625-99D1-4F1A63B24129.jpeg

D729AE8F-C2FA-4237-96D4-B151ABF89C9A.jpeg

5E67E2DB-2356-4A54-A60E-46E298ECF36B.jpeg

Never gunna happen again. That's part of history now. Hate to say it but that art is long gone by it's creators. It's coming back in pictures only. Sux. I've been looking for a shop who does this and nowhere can I find one.
Back in the 70s, there was a series of books by Peterson Publishing, topics like 'Basic Hotrodding', 'Basic Paint and Bodywork', etc. They had a whole chapter in the paint book on how to do that custom artwork with details on pinstriping, fades, custom masking and taping, special effects from up close spray gun work.

Geeze Wayne, won't be able to let the wife see that! lol
LOL, nope not an issue. She's known my stance for 40+ years when it comes to brands. When I get home from work tomorrow I'll take a picture of her car show sign for that POS.... and the statement at the bottom of same!

LOL, nope not an issue. She's known my stance for 40+ years when it comes to brands. When I get home from work tomorrow I'll take a picture of her car show sign for that POS.... and the statement at the bottom of same!
I was Chryco before Mopar was cool Lol Like most of us here.

Back in the 70s, there was a series of books by Peterson Publishing, topics like 'Basic Hotrodding', 'Basic Paint and Bodywork', etc. They had a whole chapter in the paint book on how to do that custom artwork with details on pinstriping, fades, custom masking and taping, special effects from up close spray gun work.
They actually had a book just about custom paint jobs.. I owned it.. Made the mistake of lending it to a painter.... Never to be seen again...

It had full chapters on different types of custom paint techniques...

Panel paint, ribbon jobs, freak dots, spiderwebbing, woodgraining, scallops, murals, fades, furry paint... I've kicked myself many times for letting that book get away...

I would never have the skills to actually put it to use, but it was cool reading about how all those paint styles were accomplished..

They certainly were done with skill! Looked great in my mind.

They actually had a book just about custom paint jobs.. I owned it.. Made the mistake of lending it to a painter.... Never to be seen again...

It had full chapters on different types of custom paint techniques...

Panel paint, ribbon jobs, freak dots, spiderwebbing, woodgraining, scallops, murals, fades, furry paint... I've kicked myself many times for letting that book get away...

I would never have the skills to actually put it to use, but it was cool reading about how all those paint styles were accomplished..
You'd enjoy the series of (3) videos on that boogie van (one of which I linked above) then.
Scott likes to explain what he's doing while doing it.

That poor A-12 SuperBee has lead a hard life in a short period of time. Notice the two '68's in the background, so the 'Bee could not have been too old when the picture was snapped. Looks like a Road Runner door on it. No bumper on it and headlight surrounds are missing. A-12 hood is a mess.

Dark Maroon car is 1967 Pontiac Beaumont Sport Deluxe. This was a Chevelle-based car that was sold in Canada as a less expensive alternative to a GTO. Powertrains were all Chevrolet, but the interiors were GTO. This one looks to have the side scooped Big Block hood, so would have a 396 in it. Picture likely was taken in Canada; by the yellow plates, I would guess Alberta.

Last edited:
Here's an acadian I saw a few weeks ago-

20230304_165110-jpg.jpg

20230304_165123-jpg.jpg

That poor A-12 SuperBee has lead a hard life in a short period of time. Notice the two '68's in the background, so the 'Bee could not have been too old when the picture was snapped. Looks like a Road Runner door on it. No bumper on it and headlight surrounds are missing. A-12 hood is a mess.
Didn't the A12s come with side scoops?

Auto Transport Service
Back