• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

D42E6A59-91D6-4431-8650-0DF24F44F70A.jpeg

I remember in 1985 with my 66 Coronet which had four 14" rallye wheels but the spare was a steelie.

I got a flat on Friday night and couldn't really afford to have it fixed.

A neighbor of my grandmother had a montego in the back yard that had one Mopar rally wheel on it.

I offered them $5 and my steelie spare for it and they accepted.

Problem solved for Friday night and I got a matching rallye wheel for a spare out of the deal.

I bought Baby Blue from Bob Miller in 1983, after my buddy Dave Miller (no relation) decided to keep his blue '68 GTX, rather than selling it to me. Dave's car is shown below, parked in front of my wife's childhood home. His GTX was an original paint numbers matching survivor when this photo was taken the week I bought Baby Blue from Bob. Dave added the pinstripes and half vinyl top shortly after he bought the car in 1969, after the original owner traded it in on a new mustang. Years later, in 2014, Bob and Dave finally met, and Dave let Bob drive his car to a local cruise in. Three weeks later, Dave passed, after owning his unrestored GTX for 45 years.
Dave's GTX.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back