• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

To me, the stock full wheel covers on Baby Blue looked far worse than dog dish caps. All I could afford, after paying $1800 for the car. When Bob Miller owned the car before me, he removed the hood call outs, and had a true sleeper.

9B2DAD62-42EB-44E4-A4A0-B1866B4D182A.jpeg

I beat a 70 Buick GS stage 1 because his skinny tires wouldn't hook up. I had him by several car lenghts and was about to back off when I didn't see his headlights behind me anymore,thats because they were at my passengers door. I nipped him by a fender. If that car would have hooked up, I would have been looking at his taillights!
Those 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 cars were one of the more potent cars on the street in their day. Despite their heavily under-rated 360 h.p., they were the equal or better than a 440 Six Pack, 429 Cobra Jet, or W30 442.
I once owned a 1970 Buick Wildcat, as our family car. The 455 that was in it was factory rated at 370 h.p. GM took this same engine and plopped it into the GS, and it lost 20h.p. to 350. Then the Stage 1 option was added, with better heads and cam, to raise factory rated h.p. to 360, still 10 h.p. less than my Wildcat. That Stage 1 455 was easily over 400 h.p.

Those 1970 Buick GS Stage 1 cars were one of the more potent cars on the street in their day. Despite their heavily under-rated 360 h.p., they were the equal or better than a 440 Six Pack, 429 Cobra Jet, or W30 442.
I once owned a 1970 Buick Wildcat, as our family car. The 455 that was in it was factory rated at 370 h.p. GM took this same engine and plopped it into the GS, and it lost 20h.p. to 350. Then the Stage 1 option was added, with better heads and cam, to raise factory rated h.p. to 360, still 10 h.p. less than my Wildcat. That Stage 1 455 was easily over 400 h.p.
the HP isnt the issue - the TORQUE is what moved those things. buick rated them at 510 ft lbs as I remember...

I don't think I've seen that combo before.
There was a pink 71 Challenger that I used to see at Carlisle that had a 71 Cuda nose on it. The doors were half Cuda and half Challenger,blended together in the middle. I think the car was featured in the Mopar Collectors Guide.

Auto Transport Service
Back