• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics from Back in the Day

8703BCCA-FB6E-4509-8E7C-5594C06964A5.jpeg

Not a good idea, either way.

I went to a drag racing memories show today and picked up some pictures of some of my racing buddies from back in the day. The first pic is the fellow I bought most of my used parts from for my first race car, as he stepped his up. The second is my buddy who helped me build and dyno my engines. The third is my buddy Rick's old car. That is not him but the fellow who bought it from him. The last pic is an original super stock Hemi car that was my favorite.

View attachment 1646509

View attachment 1646510

View attachment 1646511

View attachment 1646512
Stirring up old memories for sure. I remember Pete Newman and the clockwork orange duster. Also an A body Cuda that was named red light bandit IIRC. I'm guessing 1977 ish ?? Dragway park Cayuga, Ontario. Good times for sure. Was a dude racing a 60's Camaro by the name of Ian Hurley and his wife Pam was a photo buff who took many many pictures. Wonder if she took some of the pictures you picked up ? Can't remember the class but the 65 Belvedere campaigned under the name Fisher Willison won a lot. Can't remember what I did yesterday but I must thank you for rekindling great memories.

Yes, Pete was a good friend of mine and the fellow with the 1967 Barracuda Red Light Bandit was another good friend, Tom Kasprzyk. The Heartbreak Hotel was Tom's next car after he sold the Barracuda. Both were 340 4 speed cars. The pictures I picked up were from Rob Potter who was a track photographer back in the day. I will have to dig into my scrapbook for some other pictures. I raced there from the late 70's through most of the 80's.

Yes, Pete was a good friend of mine and the fellow with the 1967 Barracuda Red Light Bandit was another good friend, Tom Kasprzyk. The Heartbreak Hotel was Tom's next car after he sold the Barracuda. Both were 340 4 speed cars. The pictures I picked up were from Rob Potter who was a track photographer back in the day. I will have to dig into my scrapbook for some other pictures. I raced there from the late 70's through most of the 80's.
Guessing that you're in your sixty's ?? Me I'm 66. I musta been there around the same time frame. I dabbled in racing a little. 69 340 dart 4spd. Just bracket race. Couldn't afford to get serious as I needed the car for general use and couldn't dedicate it to racing. Gonna see if I can find and post some pics later on. Again thanks.

I'm actually going to be 70 this year. These are the two cars I drove during that time frame.

66 racecar.jpg

old racecar.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back