• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picture of wheel 1966 Coronet

toppers33

Local time
4:03 AM
Reaction score
I've spent an age trying to find a matched front and rear set of wheels for my 66 Coronet Hardtop. The struggle as those with 66s will well know is the tight rear wheel wells. I've found Rocket Racing Fuel wheels available in a 15x7" with a 4 1/4 backspace and after careful measuring they look to clear the inner outer fender.

My question is for the front. They only offer 15x4 or 15x6. I was ideally looking for a 4.5 or 5" front wheel for that Super Stocker look.

What would your advice be for the front given tyre choices when the rims get skinny? Even better does anyone have a picture of their car with similar fronts fitted?I currently have 5.5 stock 15" steelies.

I also need to clear my front disc brake conversion which is a Dr Diff supplied Mopar 11.75" set up, calipers to the rear.

All comments welcomed. It is purely a street cruiser.

20201108_201952.jpg

I wouldn't argue about a 1/2"......besides, I like a bit wider wheel on the street. Looks good to me basing on the only pic you posted :)

I wouldn't argue about a 1/2"......besides, I like a bit wider wheel on the street. Looks good to me basing on the only pic you posted :)

Picture uploaded is as it sits on the wheels I'm changing from. Standard on the front 5.5j and 7j on the rear.

I'm looking to go the Torque Thrust D style as the BS on my rears is only 3 3/4" so they rub the inside of the outer wheel wells. Even more so now my suspension works. I had air jackers on knackered leafs last year. I've now got +1" leafs with Bilstein dampers and it rides wonderful, apart from the wheel rub.

Auto Transport Service
Back