• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie Tin Decal

mrandig

Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
This should be an easy question for the group.

What's the correct Pie Tin decal for a 1968 Charger R/T (440)?

If I understand correctly, these would not be "magnum" decals for an R/T, but I just want to make sure.

Feel free to add a pic (or more). Not trying to win any awards, but I would like to get everything back closer to being original.

Image 4-15-24, 12.08.20 AM.jpg

I need an overall photo of your car to make my assessment :) . Beautiful dog in your avatar !

If you're looking to buy one, it won't be easy.

This should be an easy question for the group.

What's the correct Pie Tin decal for a 1968 Charger R/T (440)?

If I understand correctly, these would not be "magnum" decals for an R/T, but I just want to make sure.

Feel free to add a pic (or more). Not trying to win any awards, but I would like to get everything back closer to being original.

View attachment 1660581
Looks like '70 air cleaner?

The one you need is accessible. The one you have is valuable. I recently made that exact trade to get one for my 71! I paid $300 CAD for the 68/9 breather with tin.

The valve covers are on the wrong sides of the engine.

Bingo & bingo.

And the horn, volt reg cover, intake, cap & wires, neg cable attaching point, saginaw pump, overflow hose, a/c compressor, hose clamps......
I did ask the question, so I'm just going to take notes.

I do appreciate the input. This is why I'm here - to learn.

The first goal is to get it drivable, then the rest can follow.

I did ask the question, so I'm just going to take notes.

I do appreciate the input. This is why I'm here - to learn.

The first goal is to get it drivable, then the rest can follow.
Turbine Bronze got a good head start with a well preserved highly original car. I know, because I sold him a N.O.S. carburetor with the correct date code last year. This stuff can easily get ridiculous. His R/T is a great reference example if you are going for OEM appearance. The further along you get, if you go down that road, the more rare and expensive the parts get, and you might end up with a car you hesitate to drive. I think you're smart to focus on getting the driving stuff sorted out first.

Auto Transport Service
Back