• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pie Tin Decal

Hey, what about me?
Everyone should know that I am taking note and compiling a list of names to contact, for the day I have unlimited $$$ to spare on a full restoration.

Until then, my valve covers will probably still be on backwards, with the wrong air cleaner.

C'mon crypto. Any day now.

Everyone should know that I am taking note and compiling a list of names to contact, for the day I have unlimited $$$ to spare on a full restoration.

Until then, my valve covers will probably still be on backwards, with the wrong air cleaner.

C'mon crypto. Any day now.

Valve cover gaskets are cheap. C’mon man!

One for sale right now

Valve cover gaskets are cheap. C’mon man!
I see what you just did there.

It all starts with "valve cover gaskets are cheap".

Then turbine68rt says why not get a new steering pump? Those are cheap also.

And then MarPar says why not get a new air cleaner also? They're only $450.

Then OneOfMany finds one for only $400.

Finally, my wife will say why can't we afford dog food? My dog will look at me with sad dog eyes.

Then I will be divorced and have to sleep in my car.

I see what you just did there.

It all starts with "valve cover gaskets are cheap".

Then turbine68rt says why not get a new steering pump? Those are cheap also.

And then MarPar says why not get a new air cleaner also? They're only $450.

Then OneOfMany finds one for only $400.

Finally, my wife will say why can't we afford dog food? My dog will look at me with sad dog eyes.

Then I will be divorced and have to sleep in my car.
When I bought GTX number five, freshly restored, my engine compartment had some incorrect items under the hood. It took $3000 to get the level in the photo, and still wasn’t done, but I said enough…

3666A444-CA52-416E-8DD8-3F358FE0938F.jpeg

When I bought GTX number five, freshly restored, my engine compartment had some incorrect items under the hood. It took $3000 to get the level in the photo, and still wasn’t done, but I said enough…

View attachment 1661130

$3,000 clams and you couldn't pony up another 25 bucks for the correct hose clamps?

1*HBbWdYN-cCkfno1q3ANmew.gif

GTX number seven, current occupant of my garage. I spent less than $1000 on this engine compartment, but I paid way more up front. Car was restored with N.O.S. parts, correct date codes on everything but the alternator, but I have a correct core. I test drove this car at the local dealer when it was brand new, bought it 52 years later. I bought a correct red pie tin for $100 before they got crazy, sold the orange one for $250.
Demo Engine.jpg

$3,000 clams and you couldn't pony up another 25 bucks for the correct hose clamps?

View attachment 1661133
I put the money in the fund to buy the current one.

GTX number seven, current occupant of my garage. I spent less than $1000 on this engine compartment, but I paid way more up front. Car was restored with N.O.S. parts, correct date codes on everything but the alternator, but I have a correct core. I test drove this car at the local dealer when it was brand new, bought it 52 years later. I bought a correct red pie tin for $100 before they got crazy, sold the orange one for $250.
View attachment 1661141

I put the money in the fund to buy the current one.

You're forgiven.

:lol:

what's up with the orange 68 engines? :poke:
Good grief. I have to be more careful on how I ask questions.

If my engine is the wrong color for a '68, then having the wrong pie tin on my car falls way down on the list of my sins.

I'm just going to crank up the Waylon J. and find something to jump over.

giphy.gif

Auto Transport Service
Back