• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Pimp My Ride' Show Was Nearly Entirely Fake (Say what?!!)

Dako

Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
That's preposterous! (isn't it?) My bubble...it...it...just burst..ed! :sad1:

'Pimp My Ride' Winners: Show Was Nearly Entirely Fake (Report)

The Pimp My Ride show should have come with an asterisk: Pimp My Ride* *but only so it appears pimped on television but in real life it barely functions slash could burst into flames.

Huffington Post spoke with multiple contestants from Pimp My Ride about their experiences, and they revealed the show often made their cars unable to function, took away additions after the cameras stopped rolling, and asked them to fake reactions.

Here's a list of what the contestants recounted:
Additions were made to the cars just for filming, then taken away before the owners drove home: Contestant Justin Dearinger said they took the "drive-in theater" and "champagne contraptions" out of his car. A rep for the show said a lot of removals were done for safety reasons.
Contestant Seth Martino said a lot of his additions didn't work once filming stopped, including his television screens and gulf-wing doors. Co-executive producer Larry Hochberg said they had a tow truck driver on hand to help with more serious problems the cars had.

Read the rest here...if you feel the need.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/pi...rly-entirely-fake-report/ar-BBi0f5J?ocid=iehp

read that yesterday .....no surprise here ....West Coast Customs has always been a hack organization and Im not surprised at all that the cars went in POS and came out POS that were just buffed like a horse turd

Surprise surprise, I suspect this with just about every show that I see. Remember what your mother told you when you were young, "if it sounds too good to be true, it is".

No real shock, it was all staged, shouldn't be any surprise to anyone with a 1/2 a clue

West Coast Customs does allot more than just
the TV Xibit Rapper's comical Pimp My Ride stuff

I know contractors who do the home improvement shows and they say pretty much a similar tale. AFTER the filming where a miraculous kitchen remodel gets done in 4 days, They come back and take everything out so they can do the plumbing and electrical work the show did not allow time for.

[video=youtube_share;2TnkJ8_BmSI]http://youtu.be/2TnkJ8_BmSI[/video]

just can't have faith in anyone nowadays.....:toothy12:

That show was a riot. My wife and I watched it to see how badly they'd alter the cars. 2" television monitors in the headlights? What's that for? I remember an old VW microbus that was all rusty, they actually showed the mesh welded over the holes and bondo being spread on it. Great way to warn off any real clients...

I don't believe, or watch any of the reality shows. They just piss me off.

Over the years I find it more and more difficult to find truth in advertising/marketing. (I run into this at work constantly, and it's really disappointing). It has made me very skeptical when talking to any middle-aged/young sales person for any reason. There seems to not only an aversion to telling the whole truth about a product or service; there is almost a satisfaction/expectation associated with NOT being completely honest especially if it makes the sale. (means-to-an-end High-Five, Knuckles) I even sense it in weather reporting.

Aside from the usual bitching about how wrong the weather people are these days; it's as if there is very little critical thinking and a whole lot of "what does the computer say." Coupled with "It's time that weather IS the news. I'm tired of the Sports desk getting all the attention" mentality. Over the years I worked with many Business Men that were good Sales Men (they usually owned the business and understood that every penny counts), But it seams lately (past several years) I run into more Sales Men that are not good Business Men. And don't care if they are.... as long as they make the sale.... I'll shut up now....

My favorite part of that story was MTV would have a tow truck standing by to take you home, then repay you for repair cost to make the **** right again lmao what a bunch of crap, oh and by the way say you are a candy junkie so we can make your ride look like **** with wrappers before we do anything so it will look better in the end lmao what a joke! just more staged BS

so how long before they expose overhaulin'?

Are you insinuating a car cannot be resto-modified in 7...actually, 8 by math i was taught...days?! I am shocked! (End of sarcasm).

Boy I hated that show (F UP MY RIDE), they did the dumbest crap to cars. As for Overhaulin, forgive me if I'm wrong but it seams as if the new episodes are allowing more time plus? Here's my take on Overhaulin, after you consider they buy all new parts (well possible), have multiple shops and a ton of crew members working on it simultaneously then I believe it's possible. Just multiply yourself by 50 working all day and being specialized at everything and I believe it's possible although I'd be willing to bet most cars need allot of bugs worked out as any rebuild will. Call me an optimist

Another show that turned out garbage was Monster Garage.

I still watched it thou, I like some of the fabrication & ideas,
not necessarily the outcome thou

But they did do some good stuff here & there,
I know a few people that were on that show too, most said it was fun as hell,
just the final outcomes were all messed up... Time constraints limitations

Monster's/Over the top cars, was the "actual" premise of that show

The Monster Garage creation I actually got a kick out of and liked was the floating school bus.

Auto Transport Service
Back