• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

pinch weld molding

ty1969

Local time
9:46 AM
Reaction score
can anybody tell me the best way to remove the molding without damaging the molding it's all in good shape it's on my 69 satellite ragtop thank' ty

i am talking about the trim that goes around the convertible top between the top and the trunk and along the sides to the door opening on both sides i thought it was pinch weld molding but like most other things i could be wrong and just don't know what the right name is for it thank's ty

I dont mean to hijack your thread Ty but I was curious about this myself,my trim looks to be clipped together, like it slides together, on my hard top,how do I remove it without mangling it?

Rag top

The moulding on the rag top, Does it look like this? :confused: If so ,it is indeed a pinch weld and screws on from the bottom side. Hope this helps

69 001.jpg

69 002.jpg

thank's for the info 6pktgo and the pictures that is what i was asking about thank's ty

Auto Transport Service
Back