• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pistol grip Shifter

Houle #382

Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
Going to replace my shifter with a new Hurst Comp plus shifter and would really like to put a Pistol grip in. Which pistol grip will work in a 68 Coronet RT without a console. Has anyone installed a pistol grip into their 68 or 69 B Body non console car if so which one did you buy.

Just search for a 1970 bench seat pistol grip.

Going to replace my shifter with a new Hurst Comp plus shifter and would really like to put a Pistol grip in. Which pistol grip will work in a 68 Coronet RT without a console. Has anyone installed a pistol grip into their 68 or 69 B Body non console car if so which one did you buy.

yes. 1970 fitment pistol grip mechanism, and of course the pistol grip shifter handle too. Shift linkage is the same.

‘’brewers performance should be able to help you out

If it has to be a dead ringer for a stock mopar version, i cant help. But there are pistol grip handles available (probably summit and others) that can screw onto a normal hurst shifter handle.
I actually made a pair from scrap aluminum for my B&M ratchet shifters. One has my line lock button integrated. Total cost, $1.98+tax.

I think the pistol grip shifter is one of the coolest options on these cars. Both my 4 speed cars have it, 4 speed was a must when I bought them.

I think the pistol grip shifter is one of the coolest options on these cars. Both my 4 speed cars have it, 4 speed was a must when I bought them.
I ended up buying one, can't believe the difference this shift lever makes. My old lever when in second and forth gear was really low and it was hard to speed shift into third gear from second. The pistol grip is longer and with a different angle because of the pistol grip the leverage is sooo much better, wish I had bought it years ago.

Original one on my Super Track Pak optioned (A34) ‘70 Super Bee:

2023-08-21_151527.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back