• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE Plug and play - Headlight Relay Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey i have a 72 Charger with hideaway headlights. Would this kit work?

I tried another kit and as soon as I turned the key on the headlight doors opened and the headlight bulbs themselves would not turn on. So thinking the hideaway door motor gets constant power to stay closed.

I tried another kit and as soon as I turned the key on the headlight doors opened and the headlight bulbs themselves would not turn on. So thinking the hideaway door motor gets constant power to stay closed.
Yes

@Crackedback hey inbox is full, looking for a 72 Charger Hideaway headlight relay kit.

Thanks!

Which kit did you use?
Sounds like you have something that is ground hunting. It was bleeding through the headlights, then once you put the relays in, it found the next easiest path being the motors.

Rob

My '70 Charger posed some troubles when I swapped in the CrackedBack relays and harness.
It had nothing to do with the parts. The '70 models headlight door relay (Maybe others too) seemed to leak a small amount of voltage that didn't play well with the new harness. I had to switch to a Bosch relay for the headlight doors. Once I did that, everything worked fine.

Don’t hesitate to buy from crackedback. End of the day when you get his harness and it takes you 20 minutes to install it and you see the quality of what he uses, it’s a feel good upgrade that brings big results. I put my relays in a black box and mounted it in the fender. Keeps it out of the weather. But many options.

C2F8D303-AA51-4025-8994-5573FCEAEB22.jpeg

6EF8D697-4A22-4AED-B3EF-7ACC31342D9B.jpeg

70FADE99-5676-423D-86A0-6DA7E614C75C.jpeg

Don’t hesitate to buy from crackedback. End of the day when you get his harness and it takes you 20 minutes to install it and you see the quality of what he uses, it’s a feel good upgrade that brings big results. I put my relays in a black box and mounted it in the fender. Keeps it out of the weather. But many options.

View attachment 1519776

View attachment 1519777

View attachment 1519778
I purchased Crackbacks kit years ago about the time he started making them(7 years?). Anyway, without a lot of modifications, my lights are pretty bright. I installed the relays under the battery tray, on the support arm (71). Some of the best coin spent

20170204_161846.jpg

I purchased Crackbacks kit years ago about the time he started making them(7 years?). Anyway, without a lot of modifications, my lights are pretty bright. I installed the relays under the battery tray, on the support arm (71). Some of the best coin spent

View attachment 1520004
My first choice was mounting under the battery tray as well, but I have a vacume booster tank under there. With plenty of room on the fender, I bought a weather proof box and mounted relays in that.

@Crackedback Do you have anything for the complete lighting circuit? I notice the voltage gauge move with the blinker and stop lights. Not a huge deal, all the wiring in the car is new.

My first choice was mounting under the battery tray as well, but I have a vacume booster tank under there. With plenty of room on the fender, I bought a weather proof box and mounted relays in that.
I have a vacuum can as well, no issues with mine. I didn't put mine in a box. I figure if water gets all up in there, then there's issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back