• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plumbers - building code question, sprinkler pipes

Plumbers - building code question​

**** rolls downhill....what else do you need to know?

Hahhha!
Okay seriously now that my canned "sparky" response is out of the way, I'll just add this.....
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything too serious...... but being as it's a public setting, and as someone who lost 3 great friends in 'The Sation' fire, pleease persuade your 'boss' to pay to consult a registered engineer or licensed contractor and do things properly..not just 'the internet said this is okay' and go with it...

Last edited:
I'd think removing the box would make the pipe only likely to move in one plane, since it wouldn't be able to move in-and-out along its length without those corners.

Regardless, I'll try and sell the boss on having the plumber do two things while the system is opened up - remove the box, and install the hammer fixtures.

My main concern (aside from the fact it freaks the **** out of our audience, lol) is that these pipes, and one side of the box (including (2) 90's) are directly over top of my control booth. Sound board, lighting control console....agua no bueno, if those pipes leak or burst, we're (no pun) dead in the water.
You a sound man?
You think like one.

Plumbers - building code question​

**** rolls downhill....what else do you need to know?

Hahhha!
Okay seriously now that my canned "sparky" response is out of the way, I'll just add this.....
It doesn't sound like you're doing anything too serious...... but being as it's a public setting, and as someone who lost 3 great friends in 'The Sation' fire, pleease persuade your 'boss' to pay to consult a registered engineer or licensed contractor and do things properly..not just 'the internet said this is okay' and go with it...
pays days friday, don't chew your fingernails are the other 2 things to know!

I a little surprised your allowed to have other fixtures attached to a supression system in a commercial application! any systems I have been involved with had dedicated piping ,booster pumps,backflow preventers where necessary and pressure monitoring, any drop in pressure would send an alarm and set a code in the monitoring system!

pays days friday, don't chew your fingernails are the other 2 things to know!

I a little surprised your allowed to have other fixtures attached to a supression system in a commercial application! any systems I have been involved with had dedicated piping ,booster pumps,backflow preventers where necessary and pressure monitoring, any drop in pressure would send an alarm and set a code in the monitoring system!
I believe it's already been stated by more than one (me included) that one is not allowed to have anything else attached
to a fire sprinkler system. Might want to go back and read the responses again.

Don't know if it's federal or California, but here if the water pressure fluctuates a sensor sets of the fire alarm... So it stands to reason if the bathroom is diverting water from the sprinklers that's a pretty big violation....

I believe it's already been stated by more than one (me included) that one is not allowed to have anything else attached
to a fire sprinkler system. Might want to go back and read the responses again.
I digested the comments the first time and lots of talk about "suspension", nothing about fixtures attached on common lines until the last comment by 1 wild r/t!

Auto Transport Service
Back