• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Plymouth 1966

RR66

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
I’m new to this I have a 1966 Belvedere 2 it has a rear mounted antenna. I bought it for the original owner. I was his paperboy when he bought it. He finally sold it to me in the 90s. Do you think this antenna is original I see no sign of one on front fender.
Thank You
RR66

2E69C5B1-C8C9-4C9E-8ECA-7C4E516D66EA.jpeg

I doubt it probably filled in when the hood letters were removed.
It must have been repainted. (Ignore the hood scoop and ornament neither are original)
1688997698231.png

I’m new to this I have a 1966 Belvedere 2 it has a rear mounted antenna. I bought it for the original owner. I was his paperboy when he bought it. He finally sold it to me in the 90s. Do you think this antenna is original I see no sign of one on front fender.
Thank You
RR66

View attachment 1492267
Welcome to the site. Nice 66 you have there. Not original from what I have ever seen and because it doesn't have a hole in the RF fender it was probably ordered radio delete and the dealer installed a radio and antenna. Do you have a build sheet? You may find it in the rear seat bottom springs.

With the tow tabs under the front bumper, and hood pins, it looks like it has seen track duty. I would assume a low option Belvedere II. What engine and transmission? I'm thinking a rear antenna was available, as a dealer installed item in the late 60's. You can see if the RF fender ever had an antenna hole by opening the right door and looking that fender area over. A good flashlight will help. The hood letters missing also indicate changes from original. Let us know.

My 66 Satellite had it on passengers rear quarter. Antenna was delivered in the trunk on some years. moparnation74 build said that. Thread "For the Love of my father" .Top down 66 not mine. Mine is the upper picture, you need to look carefully.
Antenna.JPG
Mecum 2017 kissimmee.JPG

My 66 Satellite had it on passengers rear quarter. Antenna was delivered in the trunk on some years. moparnation74 build said that. Thread "For the Love of my father" .Top down 66 not mine. Mine is the upper picture, you need to look carefully.View attachment 1492282View attachment 1492280
Fran, I believe the one on your car is correct, but the 57 Chevy style in the lower picture not so much.

Agree on 57 xtyle, wouldn't bet the farm on it. Mine I moved the carper and rear seat to remove antennas wire. Wish I left it allone, who knew. It was a fast old car.

Auto Transport Service
Back