• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Politically correct names for car parts

3sloppydogs

Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I seem to remember some scuttlebutt a long while back about changing part names for certain parts. I can't remember a single one though.
Pc names for the master cylinder or slave cylinder or other parts.
Do any of you guys remember this?
It was funny some of the stuff that came up

First one that came to mind is not auto related, but instead has been part of fire sprinkler systems for over a
century now (and yes, they're still called this today):
Retard-Chamber.jpg

Plumbing parts too, its always fun to ask a girl working at Ace Hardware where the nipples and sillcocks are.

I can tell you that years ago, laying on your back with a tranny on your chest involved a floor jack and a 727. Now a days it means something completely different!

I can tell you that years ago, laying on your back with a tranny on your chest involved a floor jack and a 727. Now a days it means something completely different!
Now they call that drag queen story hour. Speaking of... a drag event used to mean something different also.

A pair of dykes used to mean cutting pliers! Now it means purple haired occupants of a Subaru Forester!

You want to know what’s wrong with the world?

Search anything on the web, tv, YouTube, Netflix, for drag racing.
Compare the results of the event we want to see vs deviant freak shows.

Auto Transport Service
Back