• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pop's 440 is near ready to dyno.

IQ52/Jim I didn't see this thread before, but love all the great information, also great #'s out of Pop's old 440, in all configurations, truly impressive, very well done, my friend... A wise experienced man that I know, that once told me, "3 thing you need to build a great engine to start with, #1 Cylinder heads #2 Cylinder heads #3 Cylinders heads"... thanks for all the posting & question answering, I know I love reading your porting specs, build & dyno results posts... you gotta' love how great heads make a world of difference... I'm liking the results of that 2" spacer too, better HP/TQ pretty much across the board... Thanks again for taking the time to educate the masses...

X2!! I've been following along. My 1974 440 wedge will be massaged next summer and I am writing notes as you go along. I really appreciate you taking the mystery out of all of this engine stuff. I will be handing the motor and a some notes to an engine builder and I now know what to expect from a combo. This makes it easy to budget. great stuff IQ52!!

Auto Transport Service
Back