• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Por 15

I used when restoring my runner and it did great, you have to make sure to wipe the greasy film off and if there is any rust treat it with acid and then paint it on with a brush just don’t get it on anything you want to keep cause It will not come out of clothes

What is best to use
Rust Bullett, been using it for years never any rust ever again, has very short shelf life though when you open it use it all.
If you put the lid back on the can with some on the lip and it dries you will never get if off.
Just did my entire truck frame. took two quarts. Silver then Black two stage preferred.

My method. Clean the metal with a wire cup on the right angle grinder. Especially if pitted, I treat the rusty metal with Ospho, a phosphoric acid solution. Costs about $25-30 a gal. Let it dry completely for a good day. BEWARE!!!!!!! An epoxy primer can have a reaction. I have been told some epoxy primers have some acid in their mix. Dunno.
SPI epoxy will have a reaction, and maybe month later. I love SPI epoxy primer but follow their tech sheet' Yes PPG epoxy is great but it is nasty! like said. SPI tech man says apply another wet coat and then rinse with water to neutralize.
I like the Ospho especially on pitted metal. But I am cautious using it on the outside of a car.
Epoxy primer will stick to even oil chit.
I then coat it with plain ole Rustoleum enamel on floors.
I have done drivers like this, they sat outside, water leaked on floors, no carpet, years later NO rust.
I rather spend $$$ on a good epoxy primer than Pore 15 any day.

Auto Transport Service
Back