• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your 11 second combos

I was curious of the height. I remember when Mopar Muscle tested a car with a stroker eng and I think it was around a 500 cube eng. But the test they did surprised me when the dropped from 4.10 to 3.73's and went as fast with the 3.73's. They were going to drop even more gear to 3.55 or 3.23's but I dont remember if I have the issue where they lowered the gear more. I was surprised as with all the torque of the stroker in the car they tested it ran as fast with the lower number gears. I think it was a 65 Plymouth car that was used in the article. But I forget how tall a tire they were using ? Makes me think I can go as fast with less gear in my car. Ron

I remember reading a similar article of a B body stroker car with 3.23's running high 11s on DOTs

I remember reading a similar article of a B body stroker car with 3.23's running high 11s on DOTs
I have a 2.76 3rd member that might get put in the car this summer. I need to scrounge up a sure-grip for it.

20160414_102653-1.jpg

That would help with wheel spin too.

Dodge330,
My 1966 Plymouth Satellite 2-door hardtop shares some of the same attributes as your build which affirms the performance potential. Wow, 11.30 is definitely getting it with that mild camshaft and gear. Nice job!! As you can see below my hydraulic roller carries the low to mid 230 @ .050 duration. I will be installing a 3000rpm converter and manual valve body torqueflite. Currently I have rebuilt the rear of the car with hemi leaf springs with solid front bushings, 4 degree pinion shims, adjustable pinion snubber, 7/8" rear sway bar, Rancho 9-way adjustable shocks, and 8.750" sure grip with 3.23 gearing. The front k-member has been replaced with a QA1 tubular unit, tubular upper and lower control arms, manual steering box, .880 torsion bars, and Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks. Since it will have a full interior and no roll cage I installed CarTool torque boxes, weld in subframe connectors, and other non conspicuous bracing. The engine build should make close to 600hp and 650tq on pump gas.
My engine combination is a 440/512 with the following parts:
Block: 1971 nonhp .060 overbore
Crank: Eagle 4.25 stroke (2.20 rod journals)
Rods: Eagle 7.1 h-beam (.990 pin)
Pistons: SRP
Compression: 10.5-11:1
Balancer: Professional Products 90013
Intake: Indy dual plane
Heads: 440 Source Stealth (929-16 springs, 741-16 retainers, 611-16 locks),
ported 290cfm @ 600.
Camshaft: Hydraulic Roller, Comp Cam custom grind (ADV Duration 281-287,@ .050 230-236, lift 622I & 625E w/1.6 rockers. GRIND #: CRB3 3194 /3196 HR111.
Rocker Arms: Crane Cams Gold 1.6
lifters: Comp Cam 8921-16
Push Rods: Smith Bros. Custom
Timing Chain: Hex adjust Cloyes
Oil Pan: Moroso with Moroso pick up
Carb: 950 CFM holley

Dodge330,
My 1966 Plymouth Satellite 2-door hardtop shares some of the same attributes as your build which affirms the performance potential. Wow, 11.30 is definitely getting it with that mild camshaft and gear. Nice job!! As you can see below my hydraulic roller carries the low to mid 230 @ .050 duration. I will be installing a 3000rpm converter and manual valve body torqueflite. Currently I have rebuilt the rear of the car with hemi leaf springs with solid front bushings, 4 degree pinion shims, adjustable pinion snubber, 7/8" rear sway bar, Rancho 9-way adjustable shocks, and 8.750" sure grip with 3.23 gearing. The front k-member has been replaced with a QA1 tubular unit, tubular upper and lower control arms, manual steering box, .880 torsion bars, and Competition Engineering 3 way adjustable shocks. Since it will have a full interior and no roll cage I installed CarTool torque boxes, weld in subframe connectors, and other non conspicuous bracing. The engine build should make close to 600hp and 650tq on pump gas.
My engine combination is a 440/512 with the following parts:
Block: 1971 nonhp .060 overbore
Crank: Eagle 4.25 stroke (2.20 rod journals)
Rods: Eagle 7.1 h-beam (.990 pin)
Pistons: SRP
Compression: 10.5-11:1
Balancer: Professional Products 90013
Intake: Indy dual plane
Heads: 440 Source Stealth (929-16 springs, 741-16 retainers, 611-16 locks),
ported 290cfm @ 600.
Camshaft: Hydraulic Roller, Comp Cam custom grind (ADV Duration 281-287,@ .050 230-236, lift 622I & 625E w/1.6 rockers. GRIND #: CRB3 3194 /3196 HR111.
Rocker Arms: Crane Cams Gold 1.6
lifters: Comp Cam 8921-16
Push Rods: Smith Bros. Custom
Timing Chain: Hex adjust Cloyes
Oil Pan: Moroso with Moroso pick up
Carb: 950 CFM holley

Thanks for the compliments! It's always fun to run with Vipers and Hellcats at the track with far less invested!

It does sound like they are very similar builds!

I have a Virtual Dyno app which predicted almost the exact e.t. that I'm running with a couple more mph. I have a couple of tweaks to get a little more power out of it and get the 60 ft. times down. If I can get it to 60 ft. just a little better, the Wallace Calculator says I should run 11.0. I honestly haven't even started tuning on the motor yet!

I drive this car everywhere and it's exceptionally street able and docile. It's a street car first and foremost.

I've considered a small shot of NOS to get me into the 10's but I gapped the rings way too tight when I built the engine. I'd hate to lift a ring land!

Na no NOS as I can appreciate a low 11 NA car more than a 10 second car on NOS ! Ron

Thanks for the compliments! It's always fun to run with Vipers and Hellcats at the track with far less invested!

It does sound like they are very similar builds!

I have a Virtual Dyno app which predicted almost the exact e.t. that I'm running with a couple more mph. I have a couple of tweaks to get a little more power out of it and get the 60 ft. times down. If I can get it to 60 ft. just a little better, the Wallace Calculator says I should run 11.0. I honestly haven't even started tuning on the motor yet!

I drive this car everywhere and it's exceptionally street able and docile. It's a street car first and foremost.

I've considered a small shot of NOS to get me into the 10's but I gapped the rings way too tight when I built the engine. I'd hate to lift a ring land!
Dodge330, You can definitely run a 125 shot without much worries. I may run a NOS Top Shot system which is pretty sneaky. Call NOS the 125 system or Power Shot they deem safe for stock motors with cast Pistons. Is your car a full interior street car? I would be content with a mid eleven second car. I am thinking fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumpers with all trim installed.

Dodge330, You can definitely run a 125 shot without much worries. I may run a NOS Top Shot system which is pretty sneaky. Call NOS the 125 system or Power Shot they deem safe for stock motors with cast Pistons. Is your car a full interior street car? I would be content with a mid eleven second car. I am thinking fiberglass fenders, hood, and bumpers with all trim installed.
It so cool being sneaky. I will say that the button becomes seriously addictive. I love the bottle!

Yes, Superstock seats with the rear seat done up to match the SS pattern. Full carpet, door panels, headliner etc.
I'm not a fan of fiberglass on a street car. I run all steel!
The only bolt-on original parts left on my car are the passenger door and the trunklid! I keep finding better parts cars..

Yes, Superstock seats with the rear seat done up to match the SS pattern. Full carpet, door panels, headliner etc.
I'm not a fan of fiberglass on a street car. I run all steel!
The only bolt-on original parts left on my car are the passenger door and the trunklid! I keep finding better parts cars..
That is great stuff right there. Hope to see more progress soon.

My old bracket car picked up .4 in the 1/8th with the 125 shot. Went from 7.60s to 7.20s

I ran a new best mph tonight. They were running street cars so the 60 ft. was off.

11.38@ 121.29!
60 ft. was a piss poor 1.74.
They came to the staging lanes after the first pass and told me to slow it down since I didn't have a rollbar. :p

Yep work on that 60 ft now and get that bad boy in the very low 11's and high 10's !! Ron

I ran a new best mph tonight. They were running street cars so the 60 ft. was off.

11.38@ 121.29!
60 ft. was a piss poor 1.74.
They came to the staging lanes after the first pass and told me to slow it down since I didn't have a rollbar. :p
Nice et, congrats on the new low {high ?}...lol

In building my car I am shooting for the 11.50 mark as I know that's the break for a rollbar. I figure if I'm a little under like you I'd add weight to the the very back to try and help traction & maybe getting the front tires higher.

This is a late post, but Memorial Day 2015 my Satellite 500" EDE head 3670# Satellite went 11.13 @ 121.5. Too bad dropped a carb screw down the intake after that. New motor in the works with more modern stuff. We'll see how it works out.

This is a late post, but Memorial Day 2015 my Satellite 500" EDE head 3670# Satellite went 11.13 @ 121.5. Too bad dropped a carb screw down the intake after that. New motor in the works with more modern stuff. We'll see how it works out.
ouch

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back