• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Posting photos protocol change?

Photon440

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
I'm used to dragging and dropping when I want to include a picture in a post. Or cut and paste. But for the past few days it won't work that way any longer, forcing me to use the 'Add Photos' button when posting.

That is inconvenient, sometimes the photo that I want to include isn't anywhere on my hard drive, it could be something I had looked up and is on another web page tab - easy to drag over, not easy to upload via button pushing.

Was there a change to the site, or is there something wrong at my end?

Let me test to see if it works for me.

1698346024785.png

Seems fine to me.

01 McD.jpg

I think what you need is to click on the little scenery box and a box will pop up where you can drag a photo to. It is similar to the old way.

1698347572921.png

1698347666590.png

1698355117815.png

Thanks, must be something wrong with my Firefox settings. I just did this test by using Vivaldi. Firefox still not working for this, even in troubleshooting mode. An online search tells me I'm not the only one with issues since their last update.

Last edited:
Ive been on hiatus for all of this year. Tried to post a couple of pics in response to another members posting - haven't been able to do so and I've tried a number if times. Ive always used the "add photos" button but now when i go thru that process the pics don't post. Any thoughts on that @toolmanmike?

I "ctrl c" and "ctrl v" all the time but...

Some sites are now imbedding photos that try to save as "webp" files and that won't copy and paste or even allow you to save the file cleanly.

For those I have to screencap and then crop out the photo in paint.

Kind of a PITA but I win.

I "ctrl c" and "ctrl v" all the time but...

Some sites are now imbedding photos that try to save as "webp" files and that won't copy and paste or even allow you to save the file cleanly.

For those I have to screencap and then crop out the photo in paint.

Kind of a PITA but I win.
You could also just copy that webp file and paste it into Irfanview (which is free) and then recopy from there and upload. Irfanview is also great for resizing.

By the way, I re-installed Firefox and my copy/paste troubles are over.

Auto Transport Service
Back