• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power brakes from 73 charger fit a 68 b body?

Search the forum for disc or disk conversion. There are multiple article links and several discussions. Short answer- most of it will work.

I don't think so but don't hold me to it! I am using 72' Challenger disc brake setup on my 69 Charger and they are the same part number but switched in 73' I think the spindle is different due to the switch to the rubber bushing mounted K-member beginning in 73'.

That is correct, but search the forum for discussions on whether or not this 3/8" height difference is in issue.

Personally I believe it is NOT an issue, based on my interpretation of the documentation available, and the fact that most people who argue for the swap have done it and are driving the cars, and most people who argue against the swap have never done it.

brakes

71 charger

http://www.bigblockdart.com/
Check this site out I think it will answer a lot of questions.
Go to Tech pages
To Front suspension
Then to Spindle interchange info
64-76 A- body disc brake conversion

Jeff

Last edited:
Dont know if it is relevant but I have power disk brakes from a 1976 Dodge Cornet on my 1968 Plymouth Satellite. On mine the spindles, calipers, rotors, and all the brake lines were strait up bolt on. The master cylinder and brake booster required some massaging as the booster was a larger diameter. I did this swap 19 years ago and it is still working on the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back