• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Steering Line

Fuel 29

Local time
2:26 PM
Reaction score
All,

Been working on my 64 Sport Fury (493 stroker, with max wedge repo exhaust manifolds, 4 speed and front disks) and I have a concern. The power steering pressure line which comes into the steering box is only about 3/8" from the bottom of the exhaust manifold. The box has a fitting which if I had one the made a 90 degree turn instead of using the hose elbow would provide another 1/2"

Thoughts?

Engine with manifolds drivers side under.jpg

I am, but need to know what to look for. Then, I'll post a want ad, or just order one from a auto parts store.

A picture of fittings in link.Think there's supposed to be an o-ring on nut side with threads, think one on bottom has one.
PSfittings.JPG

Last edited:
Power steering pump for Hemi.jpg
Power steering hose purchased from Norms Speed Shop.jpg
Fran, on my 67 Hemi Charger I have the 90 brass fitting on my steering box to accept the power steering hose. I bought a new hose from Norms Speed Shop (because there was not one on my car when I bought it). The power steering female end that attaches to the 90 degree fitting is hitting the inner fender and won't allow me to connect to the 90 degree fitting and tighten securely. Do you happen to have a photo of your power steering hose that attaches to your fitting? I would like to see if I have the correct (new) hose or maybe I need to have it altered at my local hydraulic shop. Any help is appreciated. The hose advertised in the first photo and the one he sent me is the second photo. Looks to me that the fittings are wrong on the one he sent to me. What do you think?

PS HOSE!.jpg
PS HOSE.jpg
Here's a picture of PS hose I bought 40 years ago at a local parts store. It is an exactly like the factory. Wonder if a warehouse has one still sitting on a shelve,million to one. Omega is the brand.

Auto Transport Service
Back