• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power steering pump swap help please

Lbone

Local time
2:42 AM
Reaction score
hi I need to transfer the bronze flare under the high pressure line on my federal pump to another pump I have. has any one done this before I am worried about buggering it up. the fitting on the high pressure hoses have the same threads but a different end on them. IMG_20150915_193826.jpg

Thread a bolt extractor (easyout) into the hole carefully, then use a slide hammer to pull out the bushing. If you don't have a slide hammer that will grab the easyout by the shank, use a pair of visegrips on the easyout, and pry it out with a screwdriver. A claw hammer could also work to wedge against the pump housing and vise grips., and

X2. That's how the manual tells you to get it out. Probably makes the seat no good, and needs to be replaced with a new one. Don't know off hand if their available, or not.

I lucked out on mine...still in good shape. That one looks like wear on the fitting seat.

Auto Transport Service
Back