• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PRAISE FOR QOTHL!

@BDF6 is as good a fella as you'd ever want to run across in this life.
To this, I can speak to from personal experience.
#characterreference
amen.png

It think fruitcake is one of those things that MOST people (or companies) that make them get them wrong. Hence many people don't like them. For the few that get it right they can be awesome. Sounds like @QOTHL nailed this recipe!

get them wrong

I don't use raisins, the candied fruit mix - no orange peel or other citrus peel just citron which is sweet and citrusy. It's a recipe that's so old I can't find it on the internet. I should post my mothers 50yr old hand written copy. This is a light fruitcake, not dark. The cherries are whole and the chunks of pineapple are nice and chunky. I found a really good source for the fruit and the nuts at Nuts.com.

I read that the preferred energy food for high performance athletes is fruitcake. I keep some in my gym bag.

those things are great in the shop....... wheel chock, anvil.......... bear repellant

You 'fruitcake' haters (take that as you will:D) never had one like this. It is in a completely different league than those "Texas Fruitcakes" we had to sell in highschool to get a new van.
It is way beyond anything sold online, NOTHING compares to it. That is why I had to negotiate a deal after tasting the sample I had. I KNEW it would be a onetime only deal and I was right:carrot:.
The QUALITY is "Un exploit remarquable".
As for blabbering about it, I warned you @QOTHL what would happen after I did:poke:.
Let the haters eat cake, just not this one:rofl:

Great gesture, give some respect to be receiving something homemade...

I'm not a huge Fruitcake fan
My Grammie made a really good one (Norwegen/German)
when fresh, still warm
(to me) soon as it cooled off too much, not so much
she would also smothered it with homemade ice-cream too
US kids would churn out
Granddad would ask, "anyone want Ice-cream ?"
we fell for that every time

I've never had one I liked since

The simple truth is YOU ARE ALL FRUITCAKES!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You'd have to be to love these cars. :thumbsup:

I am not opposed to sending a sample, I'm opposed to paying $10 to send a sample. If you lived next door I'd give you a piece.
Thought I conveyed the fact that I'd pay for it.....:)

Oh man, some of the replies had me gut laughing!! lol I remember hearing a comedian do a skit on fruit cakes. It was funny but can't remember who it was....

Auto Transport Service
Back