• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prayers and good wishes requested please.

Fury 440

Local time
4:21 AM
Reaction score
Many of you will know of Jim Schild, Mopar guy and author. Jims titles
include "Maximum Performance, Mopar Super Stock Drag Racing 1962-
1969" and his series of "Restoration Guides", covering Mopar drag race
cars from 1962 Max Wedges up to the 2009 Drag Pak Challengers.

I received an email from Jim yesterday informing me that he has
been fighting stage 4 cancer for a number of months now.

If you could, please take a moment to send him your good thoughts
and prayers. There's no doubt this has been a hard time for Jim and
his family.

Thanks.

1.jpg

max-wedge-cars-authenticity-guide-14.png

Last edited:
Jim, if you can read this...praying that all works out favorable for you and your family. Sorry to hear about the battle you've been going through.
Thanks for your contribution to the Mopar and race community as well sir.

I am sorry to hear this bad news about Jim. I have his Maximum Performance book and refer to it all the time. I met and talked to him at a pre-pandemic Indy Swap Meet, where he was selling and signing his books. He asked me what I was working on, so I showed him a picture of my 4-door hardtop 1964 Polara. He said he had never seen one before, and did not know Dodge built such an animal. Nice man, but cancer doesn't care. I have nothing but good wishes for Jim and his family in this difficult time.

Last edited:
I hope Jim is a believer in our Lord Jesus Christ. The Almighty is a healer, care taker of our souls and with Him by your side anything is possible, anything Including a cure for Jim’s insidious disease. Stage 4 has a grim meaning but can be beat and is more and more often these days. I‘ve lost friends to it and others are on 6 yrs of being disease free. My own wife had it 5 yrs ago and it returned this past year - her one yr PET scan shows her w/no current disease. The soldiers in her fight have been me, friends (she refused to tell her family) and the Chairmen of the Jojnt Chiefs - Our Lord. Jim along with all that know of him should bend a knee and pray for healing and comfort.

I know this sounds like I’m preaching - because I kind of am. But as has been said many times - “There are no atheists in a foxhole”.

Last edited:
Best wishes and prayers for Jim seen him many many times at a friends Xmas party , long winded nice guy! Lots of info in that guy!

Auto Transport Service
Back