• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prayers for those in Superior and Lousiville Colorado

what was on fire ?

I didn't see anything on the "news"

Prayers indeed, that is nothing short of a horror story. You can see videos of it on You tube!

I saw it on the news this morning & they said there was at least 580 homes burned down. Awful doesn't doesn't even come close to describing it.

Thanks for the links guys

sorry to see & hear of this

sounds like downed powerlines caused parts of it

I hope all our members are all safe

my deepest & heartfelt condolences, well wishes
go out to all affected

Could be as many as 1000 homes now, and part of downtown Superior has burned down. When you have exceptional drought and winds gusting from 100 to 115 mph in areas like this, firestorms can happen as did this one!!! Thankfully its snowing today, and up until today we have only had .2 inches of snow since the start of the fall. Today, we almost have 4 inches and another 4 to 6 expected.

Saw it on the news this morning. Horrible event. Many were lucky to just escape as it was being spread by 110mph winds.. Prayers for involved.

Last I heard there have been no fatalities discovered yet. If that holds, it will be truly a miracle given that it happened so quickly with very little evacuation warning for most.
As I said in the other thread, we just flew home from there on Tuesday after a week with our daughter, who lives in Longmont - about 16 miles NE of the evacuation zone. She and her bf just bought their first house 2 months ago. Luckily for them, the wind didn't shift and it stayed away from their area. So sad that so many others weren't so lucky.

Unfortunately, that did not hold, there is at least one and possibly 2 more as they try and locate a missing couple. They think it also may be arson or some dumbass that accidently started a shed on fire. Not certain yet, but the FBI is now involved.

Yes, sorry to hear that there appears to have been at least a few killed. Still amazing that there weren't more with all of that destruction and how fast it moved. I heard they eliminated downed power lines as the ignition source, so it's looking more like man made. A search warrant was executed somewhere, so they're on the trail of someone.

Auto Transport Service
Back