• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Predict my 1/4 mile time

79cordoba

Local time
1:22 AM
Reaction score
Got the charger running good now and wanna take it to the track soon, haven't ran it with anything near this setup yet.

11-1 compression
stock iron heads
Mopar purple cam (unknown specs)
edlebrock victor single plane
unknown longtube headers
holley 830 cfm double pumper
msd pro billet distributor curved properly (aggressive)
727 shift kit cheetah shifter manual valve body 3800 stall
dana 60 5.13 gears
sub-frame connectors and pinion snubber
kyb gas a just shocks leaf springs relocated
mickey thompson sportsman pro on weld wheels 28.5 x 18.5
estimated 3800 lbs 69 charger battery relocated to trunk

WAG(?) 12-teens. It’s been awhile for me! I’m subscribed though.

Maybe High 12’s... what heads are on it? What Pistons?

Last edited:
plan to drop to a 4.10 but dont want to lose the jump it has thinking maybe 4.56. The car has pulled the wheels off the ground before, i was thinking high 11s if i don't run out of gear.

1st pass off the trailer will be a 12.80, by the end of the day you'll have run a 12.25.

Mid 12's with stock unported iron heads & unknown cam. That is a lotta gear for a 28.5 tire.

You will be all in at 1000 feet with the 5.13 gears and maybe mid 12.00 's.

This. If you assume that your suspension is really really good off the trailer, and you want to run a 11.99, you'll need to trap at about 110 mph. that is 7000 rpm at the stripe.

No info on the heads makes it pretty tough to guess. But my gut says it’ll 60 like a 10 second car, but MPH like a 13 second car..... mid to low 12’s if it runs well.

thanks guys plan to get those 4.10 or 4.56 soon this car is addicting and so easy to throw money at
So, is it more important to have a car that will do low 12's ( which ain't all that great) than to have a car you enjoy driving at highway speeds? You will soon hate those rear gear ratio's if you want to drive 60 mph. With 3:55 gears , and little tuning you will easily be in the mid to low 12's....my experience after having 4;10 and 4:56.......................MO

thanks guys plan to get those 4.10 or 4.56 soon this car is addicting and so easy to throw money at
When I replaced my 18 spline a833 with the Passon Performance a855 5 speed .70 5th gear I went from 3.54 to 4.10 ring and pinion gears....My tires are 315/35/17 Toyo Proxes TQ drag radials and are 25.5" I am really glad I didn't go any higher! I know 28.5" tires help you, but I was worried that I wouldn't make the 1320 in 4th....
Do a RPM calculation before you get new gears!

gears far too high for 1/4

id be interested what your 1/8 time and speed is though

FYI, really consider what type of you use you intend. 4.10 is too deep for regular freeway driving, at least with my car. 4.10 or 4.30 for drag racing with a 28.5" tire. IMHO

Auto Transport Service
Back