• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pressure or vacuum testing 426 hemi intake manifold and rocker oiling issues

Check the rocker stands that supply oil to shafts. Maybe there are restrictors in the stand?

Can't remember if the four stands a head are drilled to supply? Think so. If your pulling the rocker assembly you only need to remove 2 stands to check the supply holes in the stand. Do the side with the problem first. Might want to crank the oil pump slowly with a priming tool. Just be careful with squirting oil.:eek:

Only two stands per head are drilled to supply oil I did make certain they were installed in the correct position. I will disassemble these suckers once again and see if I can find a smoking gun
on the issue. The problem is I don’t know much about the in and outs of the oiling on the heads of a hemi. I do know this sucker has fought me the whole dang way through this build!

I forgot you have aluminum stands. Remembered half hour after shutting down.

Last edited:
Only two stands per head are drilled to supply oil I did make certain they were installed in the correct position. I will disassemble these suckers once again and see if I can find a smoking gun
on the issue. The problem is I don’t know much about the in and outs of the oiling on the heads of a hemi. I do know this sucker has fought me the whole dang way through this build!

bingo--

Auto Transport Service
Back