• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pretty Dutch Girl

Dibbons

Local time
6:19 PM
Reaction score
Back in the 70's I dated a girl a couple of times that could have been this rocks star's sister (quite a resemblance). Band named "Shocking Blue".

Mariska Veres.jpeg

She don’t like like any of the Dutch girls I grew up with. Fair skin, Blue eye, blonde hair.

Dutch girl? My Wife's Father (straight from Holland in '46) is the youngest with 12 siblings. Dozens of good looking nieces and every one of them is just like my Wife. Brunettes with Brown eyes. (family reunions can be trying and get you in a boat load of trouble!)

It doesn’t surprise me theres brown eyed brunette Dutch. After all Dutch only specifies country of origin. I was just stating the majority in my area were blue eyed

The top countries with blond hair. Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Iceland, and Denmark. My blond hair is now pure white. When I was younger it was blond in the summer and brown in the winter.

The top countries with blond hair. Finland, Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Iceland, and Denmark. My blond hair is now pure white. When I was younger it was blond in the summer and brown in the winter.
This entire region listed is ancestors of the Germanic tribes. Norway, Sweden, and Denmark in particular have very strong ties to each other from tribal gov't times. All of them, IMO, would be "Northern European" you have listed, and I would include Germany in that, based on ancestry. Ukraine area was initially settled by people from the northern region.

The largest influence of change to each of these was the Romans. Germany was more accepting of Roman influence then some of the others, mostly because of aggressive style politics and proximity.
In the case of Finland(and Ukraine region) and further east, the Mongol empire was very impactful.

Auto Transport Service
Back