• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pretty nice 67 Dodge R/T for sale on BaT

It looks well done, but I would assume that the AC/heater box was untouched as neither are hooked up and nothing mentioned in that area at all. I noticed that the truck lid trim out shows some copper paint around the trunk latch. I'm also sure it won't sell unless the bids increase substantially.

I'd drive the hell out of that. Keep it black too, even though I LOVE copper.

Close up of tag area- paint under the hood looks like crap.

sort of a red flag in my book.....looks like somebody didn't care......good chance it's a bondo buggy

On 66/67, all those compound, razor sharp body lines on the quarter panel and wheel well make any bondo work, even skim coating REAL easy to spot.

The wheel well trim doesn't help, but the only thing I see that throws a flag is the "bulge" of the panel looks a bit large.
That could be lighting and/or angle.
Where all those lines come together, in front of and right above the rear wheel well is incredibly difficult to get right with any kind of filler present.
That all looks OK to me, barring what you can't see because of the trim.
...and of course the other side is backlit.

...but we do have the fact that it's black and black shows waves like no other color working in it's defense.

Last edited:
1687957038979.png

I'd drive the hell out of that. Keep it black too, even though I LOVE copper.

Close up of tag area- paint under the hood looks like crap.
Trunk area is the same. Pretty rough prep and clean up before they over-sprayed it. Seemed to spent most of there effort on exterior of body.

Major color change and missing all the ac stuff. I'll pass .

Shame as the medium Copper was a VERY nice in person. Especially with copper interior

Two major minuses on this otherwise nice '67 - Drastic color change from Copper to Black. Deletion of the air conditioning. On a Black car, to boot! At least, most of the interior was unaltered. You can see where the upper door paint got changed from Copper to Black, too. It's showing $20,500 right now. I couldn't see this go for more than $22K. A nice car that could've been a great car.

I would have kept it copper, but I'm biased. Haven't seen very many copper with copper interior in all the years I've had mine so I'm guessing it wasn't a popular combo.

Winning bid today of $38,000

VIN: WS23L75159760

Screenshot_20230630-143036~2.png
Screenshot_20230630-143358~2.png

Two major minuses on this otherwise nice '67 - Drastic color change from Copper to Black. Deletion of the air conditioning. On a Black car, to boot! At least, most of the interior was unaltered. You can see where the upper door paint got changed from Copper to Black, too. It's showing $20,500 right now. I couldn't see this go for more than $22K. A nice car that could've been a great car.
And the whole dash is black.

AC can be bolted back on.

It looks good black, but I'd also have preferred copper.

Glad to see these cars are starting to bring some bucks.

Copper isn't one of those standout colors, especially in 67, but I like it and put the Coronet that I have for sale back as it was originally. I couldn't agree with the white painted top so it went Copper as well. I did take some white to the interior as I thought it was to much Copper.
20200518_125227.jpg
20200518_125332.jpg
20200518_125128.jpg

4 Emblems and a 150 speedo, and you have a R/T clone.
I to am glad the 66-67 cars are beginning to make progress dollar wise.

I remember in 1968 I was looking for my first car and found two 383 4bbl Sport Fury’s on the local Plymouth lot with about 36k miles both. One was an all black auto and the other was an all copper 4 speed. I sure wanted that 4 speed but the all black car looked a little sinister and really shined. So I went black. But back then the single stage enamels just didn’t really pop and stand out like the modern paints do. Some of the primary colors like red and black stood out. But I’ve always been a sucker for a black car - I’ve got 3 of them right now including my daily driver.

Auto Transport Service
Back