• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Private Conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charger Fan

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
Why does the website limit your private conversations with other members?

Guess Joey's gotta limit hard drive space somehow. That said for 50 bucks/year you can have a 1000 conversations stored.

Guess Joey's gotta limit hard drive space somehow. That said for 50 bucks/year you can have a 1000 conversations stored.
If Joey has limited hard drive space then why for $50 he suddenly has more?

Ask him,, WTF does it have to do with me? That 50 bucks gets you more than PM space!

The number of questions guys ask here, 50 bucks/year is pretty cheap for "free" advise.

I think you’re missing the point. Members that support the site are helping pay the overhead. Helping to pay the overhead has benefits. It’s not for lack of space - it’s for cost of space. You pay some you get some. Clear?

These websites are his business. He makes a living off of them. (and he isn't getting rich)

Ask him,, WTF does it have to do with me? That 50 bucks gets you more than PM space!

The number of questions guys ask here, 50 bucks/year is pretty cheap for "free" advise.
Don't get your panties in a bunch. I did not put the question directly to you but to general members. If private conversations are limited to 150 characters without paying $50 it should be stated right up front on that page when you start a private conversation and I saw nothing of that sort. You had posted about the $50 giving far more benefits so that posting was my starting point. And by that post I got replies from three other members.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. I did not put the question directly to you but to general members. If private conversations are limited to 150 characters without paying $50 it should be stated right up front on that page when you start a private conversation and I saw nothing of that sort. You had posted about the $50 giving far more benefits so that posting was my starting point. And by that post I got replies from three other members.
I believe it is 15 FREE conversations not a limit of characters I don't remember as I have been supporting the site for awhile now. Anyway once you passed that amount you have to delete some to send or receive more for FREE. Also on great informative sites like this aggressive responses won't get you far with most members...

Sorry, too cold and damp to wear panties here in Ontario! You quoted me, so you DID put the question directly to me! I'll add you to my list...

This thread is over a year old.
Joey spends thousands on this website yearly. How do you think those bills get paid? Every PM takes up hard drive space which has to be updated with bigger servers that cost thousands. What you are getting is free but that's all you get for nothing. I'm going to use this as an example and you may not like it but it's the truth. It's like complaining about paying road use tax at the gas pump and then complaining about how bad the roads are. Nothing is Free now days.

Joey spends thousands on this website yearly. How do you think those bills get paid? Every PM takes up hard drive space which has to be updated with bigger servers that cost thousands. What you are getting is free but that's all you get for nothing. I'm going to use this as an example and you may not like it but it's the truth. It's like complaining about paying road use tax at the gas pump and then complaining about how bad the roads are. Nothing is Free now days.

Every time I am on this site there are dozens of adds popping up so naturally thought these companies were paying for their adds where it is not cheap for big players to advertise.

I believe it is 15 FREE conversations not a limit of characters I don't remember as I have been supporting the site for awhile now. Anyway once you passed that amount you have to delete some to send or receive more for FREE. Also on great informative sites like this aggressive responses won't get you far with most members...
My very first attempt to send a private conversation was last night where after I tried to send the conversation I got a message saying "Oops there has been a mistake reduce your message to 150 characters. With reference to aggressive responses my back will come up as well when someone replies "Ask him,, WTF does it have to do with me?"

Every time I am on this site there are dozens of adds popping up so naturally thought these companies were paying for their adds where it is not cheap for big players to advertise.
That's all part of the big picture. If you are a Gold member you don't see those ads.

My very first attempt to send a private conversation was last night where after I tried to send the conversation I got a message saying "Oops there has been a mistake reduce your message to 150 characters. With reference to aggressive responses my back will come up as well when someone replies "Ask him,, WTF does it have to do with me?"
It sounds like his inbox may be full. He ran out of space that he paid for.

It sounds like his inbox may be full. He ran out of space that he paid for.
Thank you as I was not aware of this, all of these negative conversations could have been avoided if a message came up when attempting to send a private conversation simply saying "this user's inbox is full"

That's all part of the big picture. If you are a Gold member you don't see those ads.
That's not really the point of my comment. If you choose not to be a gold member then yes you have to deal with all of the adds but aren't the advertisers paying to post.

That's not really the point of my comment. If you choose not to be a gold member then yes you have to deal with all of the adds but aren't the advertisers paying to post.
Yes, but all part of the big picture. The advertisers pay some, members pay some. You are getting a free ride by being here and not paying. I'm out. The staff works for free here and I need some sleep. And trying to explain business economics with you is getting no where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back