• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro Car seats , good , bad ?

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:59 PM
Reaction score
I have been kicking around the idea of taking my bench seat out and going with a pair of buckets.
Buying a set of original seats then buns and covers is over the top cost wise for a switch I may not stay with.
So I have been looking at aftermarket seats, pro car offer seats with vertical seams that will look more inline with the rear seat.
Just wanting to see if any.of you have owned a set and your opinion of them ?

Just my 2 pennies. When I hunted around for seats to replace the bench, I could not find a seat wide enough to fill the space to my liking. Looked at dozens at meets and online even truck buckets were too narrow from the stock ones for this car. Well, my '63 Plymouth had wide-*** seat pans. Mopar seats like out of a C body likely would have been good; but when I was hunting around couldn't find them and a few that had them were asking a fortune for them - bad timing I suppose. I ended up finding original buckets and added headrests to them (having a neck fusion my doc mentioned I wouldn't do well if rear-ended).

If you are thinking of adding any race belts? It's really your only choice. More options than stock bench. I have a split bench in my GTX. I like it. But if I was planning a performance upgrade? With possible track time? It would have to go.

D37ED74D-0291-4A2B-91CE-FCFC4C76B7AE.jpeg
I have Pro Car seats for 5 years or more. Holding up nicely. Summer cruiser only.

I went for it and bought a pair of Procar Evolution seats for the pro street Challenger. Bought thru Speedway.
Still on backorder, it's been a month and they haven't shipped yet.
They are really nice seats with faux leather and a real carbon fiber back. Bought them so I'd be comfy driving it up to Carlisle instead of shitty plastic race seats.
91079375_L_613d4b85-b2a9-4c73-bec9-2fa19d4b7978.jpg

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pro-touring.com%2Fattachment.jpg

For the '67 Charger I put away the factory front buckets because they need to be fully redone, and I bought a pair of power leather 2010 charger SRT-8 seats. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, and they fit perfect with the factory console. I just have to make brackets for them.

Here they are mocked up with wood in place of brackets:
J95xqz01zSw7y46EdQz0eaLlmQq-2VV9imPJbc_gHj9Aw-GGMCiM9n1_7WW0gaglfHZ-WaEJ=w712-h948-no?authuser=0.jpg

If you can find a pair I'd say get these over the Procars for your '67 unless it's caged.

I went for it and bought a pair of Procar Evolution seats for the pro street Challenger. Bought thru Speedway.
Still on backorder, it's been a month and they haven't shipped yet.
They are really nice seats with faux leather and a real carbon fiber back. Bought them so I'd be comfy driving it up to Carlisle instead of shitty plastic race seats.
View attachment 1107984
View attachment 1107985

For the '67 Charger I put away the factory front buckets because they need to be fully redone, and I bought a pair of power leather 2010 charger SRT-8 seats. They are the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in, and they fit perfect with the factory console. I just have to make brackets for them.

Here they are mocked up with wood in place of brackets:
View attachment 1107986
If you can find a pair I'd say get these over the Procars for your '67 unless it's caged.
Those do look great. Could you let me know how wide the seat is? Curious how they might fit in my car.

I’m 6’2 and I have no issues with them (pro 90)in my Swinger. My only gripe is that the material is slick and they have zero bolsters, I find myself sliding all over when driving spiritedly.

I bought a pair of procar 90's in white; they are a great value. Does anyone know if the pro car 90 has seat tracks or a riser that will fit the floor fontours of a 1968 b body?

I have a set of Pro Car Pro 90 seats in one car and the Rally 80 series in another. Both sets are holding up well and are pretty comfortable. The bolsters on the Rally series do a good job of keeping you in place. You can get the Rally 80 series in a wider width.

Searching forums, Amazon feedback, and other websites, I've found conflicting product numbers and feedback, both negative and positive about Procar seat risers/fitting in a 1968 b-body. Can anyone clarify which part numbers actually fit 1968 b body?

Thanks for all of the info guys. I've pretty much decided on these, not only because of the good reviews but the pattern does match up pretty well with the 68 Super Bee rear seat pattern. If the seating hieght is a little high for me it wont matter that much because I'm always bent over when I drive..gotten so use to it lol

52467002720_77f4ac4f3f_b.jpg

Thanks for all of the info guys. I've pretty much decided on these, not only because of the good reviews but the pattern does match up pretty well with the 68 Super Bee rear seat pattern. If the seating hieght is a little high for me it wont matter that much because I'm always bent over when I drive..gotten so use to it lol

View attachment 1459496
:rofl: :rofl:

Auto Transport Service
Back