• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pro touring tire size

That will look Baddass Zach, I keep looking back at Pave's 70 and poking my head around my wheel well! hahaha..

I've got my rims sold for a good price if I go through with it and a good deal on the set I want but with the rest of my projects this winter and our dollar I'm gun shy about pulling the trigger.

That will look Baddass Zach, I keep looking back at Pave's 70 and poking my head around my wheel well! hahaha..

I've got my rims sold for a good price if I go through with it and a good deal on the set I want but with the rest of my projects this winter and our dollar I'm gun shy about pulling the trigger.

Just do it aready!!!!! I know you've been eyeballing rims for awhile now, just think of how nice it will be to not have to think about it anymore. Rims are a tough decision but nothing enhances the look of a car more than the right wheels but then again I think your car looks badass as is.

Just do it aready!!!!! I know you've been eyeballing rims for awhile now, just think of how nice it will be to not have to think about it anymore. Rims are a tough decision but nothing enhances the look of a car more than the right wheels but then again I think your car looks badass as is.

LMAO I hear ya Dev! and I know I'm a pain in the *** with decisions! lol. I'm just scared *** to spend the money right now not knowing how the tranny swap and procharger install are going to snowball :(

The smart thing to do is wait but I get so freaking antsy! Our dollar is also at a real low right now so it's almost 40% more with the exchange

295 I think are good enough. You will rub the outter wheel housing. It is a sharp curve. I put 285. But 295 will go. I rub in my driveway backing out. Not worth the cost to go 305 IMO.

So finally getting around to ordering my wheels and the seller asks if I need a larger center bore for any reason?? Never come across any discussion of the center bore? (although my understanding is Ford's are smaller than Mopars?)

Also in the backspace issue I guess the calculators add .5 to compensate for 1" outer lip. i.e. a 18X10 is actually 18X11 true. So with zero offset it really should be a 5.5 backspace?

Alright I finally pulled the trigger. 18 X 8 concave shallow and 19 X 10 concave deep w/ Gunmetal finish.

MR55-TOPLOADER-BLM_F-01.jpg

MR55-TOPLOADER-BLM_F-01.jpg

They're billet specialties Toploaders.

Because full rim width adds an inch with the lip 19x10 is actually 11 I went with 5.5 backspace

those look sweet, but i have to ask. are they.....FER RACIN approved.:3gears:

If you want to lower the car a little make sure to dehump the outer wheelwells.

Very nice!!!
Pat

Thanks Pat, I love the set you had made for the Bullitt Charger and if I'm not mistaken do you not own a certain other gorgeous silver Charger with the Year One Magnum 500's?

I hope these look as good on my car as I've been picturing in my head! **Gulp!!**

Thanks Pat, I love the set you had made for the Bullitt Charger and if I'm not mistaken do you not own a certain other gorgeous silver Charger with the Year One Magnum 500's?

I hope these look as good on my car as I've been picturing in my head! **Gulp!!**

The gunmetal center section will complement the black interior and hood stripes on your car and will look awesome
The silver 68 I did almost 10 years ago, enjoyed building it, sorry that I sold it but if I still had it I probably wouldn't be building this one ;-)
thanks
Pat

Last edited:
If you want to lower the car a little make sure to dehump the outer wheelwells.

This would be my biggest concern, you'll have plenty of room until you compress the suspension then those humps cause problems. Love the rims, should look killer on the bird!

- - - Updated - - -

The gunmetal center section will complement the black interior and hood stripes on your car and will look awesome
The silver 68 I did almost 10 years ago, enjoyed building it, sorry that I sold it but if I still had it I probably wouldn't be building this one ;-)
thanks
Pat

Beautiful Charger Keepat.

What are you going to run for tire size now?

This would be my biggest concern, you'll have plenty of room until you compress the suspension then those humps cause problems. Love the rims, should look killer on the bird!

- - - Updated - - -

Beautiful Charger Keepat.

Alllllright then will look into doing the de-hump.

Zach going to run 255 fronts and 305 rears.

Update they actually aren't ordered yet I need some more measurements for Billet Specialties.

Thats going to be a show stopper, glad to see people not follow the traditional mopar crowd. Those wheels will look awesome man!

I like the wheels choice Goon

I agree with the wheel well outer hump comments too...

If it's low it has far less clearances

I did a deal when I was putting 315's Drag-Radials on my old silver 68 RR, it was low too...
I used a couple 2x4's & a bottle jack porta-power type deal & compressed most all the hump out
It looked surprisingly good too, no outside body distortions either, just go slow
I kind of hammered the outside edges of the hump too, as I jacked....
seemed to work & not welding or heat, you could use heat but it'd be risky...

sorry no photos thou

I was thinking of doing it on my current RR too

good luck & happy Moparing

Auto Transport Service
Back