• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Probably a strange question for a Marine buddy

Jc cooper

Second gear fun!
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:45 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys , will try to be short and to point ! My lifelong buddy ,is and avid classic car guy , not Mopar ,but agent orange is doing a real number on him ! He’s no longer able to clutch his car and has anyone heard or know of a drive by wire system to operate his clutch , so he can still , feel his big stroker and pull his stick trans ! Mostly car shows and a little strong red light fun for him ! Be kind ! He was in the worst of the worst in Southeast Asia in 67-68 Thanks

Depends what he’s using now but hydraulic setups can be a lot easier to push. I assume he can use his leg but just not as much strength?

No left leg isn’t strong enough to push pedal anymore, once he was a bull but health has really declined in his lower section! Been looking into handicap units! But so many of us in this site , that have amazing info , thought I would see what was available!

He's an American hero and deserves to enjoy his car. If he can't afford the automatic swap, I, for one, would be willing to help.

Thank you good sir , and will remember this concern from you ! Your care as well as mine , go far above words , for our warriors! I will continue to endeavor to resolve his issue , and will stay in touch, here on our site! Thank you , IRON!

Auto Transport Service
Back