• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Production #

Do you happen to know a break down for 1971 roadrunner

For cars shipped for sale in the US, my info shows about 1.2% of Road Runners came with V02 (two tone paint) or about 164 cars.

They are not common. Do you have a picture of the fender tag you can share?

I wondered if they still 'had the same trim' ?
as for a vinyl roof too ?
with the V02 paint 2 tone painted/roof option

just curious

just curious
Yes. I had a 70 challenger, FE5 body and white roof. Had the vinyl top trim to cover the paint line. I just thought someone had ripped off the vinyl top, but after some research, found out it was factory 2 tone.

what year did they start that V02 option ?
specifically on a B-Body (don't care much about other body styles)
did they have it in 1968 ?

Yes. I had a 70 challenger, FE5 body and white roof. Had the vinyl top trim to cover the paint line. I just thought someone had ripped off the vinyl top, but after some research, found out it was factory 2 tone.
the couple of photos I saw, I thought the same thing :thankyou:

not sure I've seen one in person

My 1968 Satellite had V02 option...

C2FA7B36-DC56-4257-A226-D4D7CDD41D7D.jpeg

E91FF59F-A2E1-47DF-8AD6-C0020852D135.jpeg

just curious
My 70 RR has the trim piece separating the two colors and looks to be the same as the vinyl top cars have.

Got the 2nd one here, 2/19/70 lol. My understanding is also less than 1%, and there are 9 in the registry.
Mine is TX9 over B5, should show on your fender tag and your broadcast if you have.
Few years ago I met a guy that worked at lynch road in the 60’s and 70’s and told me they were known as shiny tops by the the line crew, they went into the paint booth twice, at least that’s what he told me
View attachment 1287659
Can you please post a picture of your fender tag

Auto Transport Service
Back