• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ProForm 440-427 Distributor Set Up

50 Coupe

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Got this for my 383. First time dealing with pointless ignition. I don't see a rotor under the cap or in the box with the other stuff. Do these things not use a rotor?

yes mine came with a rotor already on it.

yes mine came with a rotor already on it.
Thanks for the info. Looks like mine didn't.

This is a motor I'm putting in an old coupe and I'm sure the people at the parts store won't have a clue what to look for. Anyone know if I go to the local parts store what I would ask for? Is there part no. or a certain year/car rotor I should reference or something similar?
Thanks

Got this for my 383. First time dealing with pointless ignition. I don't see a rotor under the cap or in the box with the other stuff. Do these things not use a rotor?
SOmeone robbed the rotor. I would take it back or send it back or ask the seller for a rotor.

I did not look up the part number, may be an assumption, but the 440 is a RB and 383 is B block. They use different distributors. There are spacers to make the 440 distributor work in a 383. That may be what the "-427" stands for.

Auto Transport Service
Back