• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Prostock scoop mockup.

67charger383

Local time
10:01 AM
Reaction score
IMG_20200718_092513_666.jpg

Was going tu say if there's nothing to cover "All hat no cattle.":thumbsup: Wouldn't wreck a good hood without a spare.

I vote no scoop. Have the tunnel ram exposed. Dont hide it.

Gotcha, well there are far worse options out there, what about no scoop?

The real plan is to just not run a hood most of the time. But I have to be able to drive it in the rain and this was a good option. (Plus I think it will look great once it's all glassed in and painted WW1 white.

Not my style either (I went with the snorkel style on my '65 Coronet) , but sure looks OK on that car. I like a hood better than no hood, with tunnel ram. Just my opinion. The tunnel ram in there speaks for it self.

Well, I think your scoop is period correct, but if it were me, I think I would try something else.
Do you know exactly how much height you need above the stock hood line? I would look at a taller repro of the 67 RO hemi scoop.
But, as always..... It's YOUR car, do what YOU like!

I agree with everyone else, those are definitely not the most attractive hood scoops.

Thats an early Pro Stock scoop from the 1971 era. Myself I think it looks better then many of the aftermarket scoops I see today like the aero scoops of today. You can't run a period correct scoop because its not high enough if you are running a tunnel Ram. If I had to have a scoop on your car I would run that one or a snorkel scoop which is from around the 1972 to 1974 era of Pro Stock. Pretty much Pro Stocks started running the snorkel scoop right after they ran the scoop like you have now on your hood. For a scoop that has to be that tall I don't think it looks to bad. It is a scoop that was used in Pro Stock by many Mopar guys like Sox & Martin and many others. Ron

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back