• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud new owner of a 1970 numbers matching super track pack 4 speed GTX

Myrtle

Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just picked up my first GTX. Im really excited about it. 1970 GTX 440, 4 speed, Dana 60 w/ 4.10's all numbers matching. EF8 x3, white horizontal stripe, bucket seats, center counsel.

Car came with original bill of sale, warranty card, build sheet. I just recently found the original owner and look fwd in getting to know him.

IMG_7092.jpg

IMG_7092.jpg

Nice. Welcome. With the owner information, you are way ahead of most of us. That is huge.

Wow, one of my favorite cars...nice score! Looking forward to the project. Welcome:wav:

Welcome! Very nice!

Awesome car post some more pictures if you can.

Great car, and my favorite year! Welcome from PA!

Also, we'd love to hear more about the car and see more pictures!

Welcome, that's a great find, I sure do like those 70 GTX's.

Welcome. You obviously have great taste in cars.

Welcome aboard and thanks for joining the forum!
GREAT CAR!
GREAT FIND...!

Your neighbor "up here" in the High Desert at Muroc Dry Lake bed.

Thanks everyone. I can't lie, I'm more of a 69 Charger kind of guy but the GTX is quickly growing on me. I pulled the trigger on this one because of the pedigree and originality. It has minimal rust and yes the 4 speed and Dana 60 sealed the deal for me. The guy I bought it off of was a great guy to deal with and took care of it while he had it. I'm currently on the hunt for the other 3 owner and may have tracked down two of them.

I have this crazy hair up my butt to fly out and meet them. The original owner says he has some photos and whatnot.

Interesting fact not sure if anyone can make sense of this. Car was sold in Canada. Been in Canada its whole life but doesn't have any export codes on the build sheet and was sold from a generic dealership. What can one make of that?

Only thing I can imagine is the Canadian dealership came into the use and bought up a few cars and resold them.

I have a bunch of other pics. Will post them a little later.

I was curious if this is the one the guy dragged out of a barn in northern BC 2 years ago. Not a N96 car, right?

Welcome. Love those 70's !!!!!

I was curious if this is the one the guy dragged out of a barn in northern BC 2 years ago. Not a N96 car, right?

No the car is not an N96 and it was out of BC.

Is there a link to the car you are referring to?

Auto Transport Service
Back