• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Proud new owner of a 78 Dodge Magnum GT

Magnum fan

Local time
12:20 PM
Reaction score
Hello Mopar fans,
Just joined the forum. Looking forward to learning from the experts herein coming years. I purchase a 78 Dodge Magnum GT yesterday from the original owner: 400 ci, a/c,T Tops, 78k milesb am/fm w factory CB. OO installed dual exhaust, removed the lean burn system (had many problems) installed a edlebrocker intake and carb. He repainted the car 25 years ago in the same color because he said the paint quality from the factory was poor. The car has been taken care of very well and is excellent shape, stored in his garage since 1980 ( wife drove it regularly for 2 years). OO saved every repair and maintenance receipt since new, and also had the broadcast sheet. Driving it home, engine had a consistent miss, looking over things found plug wires cracked, likely the cause. Doing a tune up this weekend, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, timing. 3.5 hour drive home was a great ride and was like a trip back in time, hardending back to days when I drove my dad's plymouth sport fury in high school. Anyways, thanks for your forum, Al

20170822_171648.jpg 20170822_165207.jpg 20170822_165140.jpg

I personally think the Magnum is the best styled of the 75-79 b body, and yours is gorgeous !

Welcome to FBBO.
Wow, what a great find. Those were rare as hens teeth when new, leave alone now.
Perfect color combo IMO, too.
How did you find it?

Awesome score! Love the profile!

Hello moparedtn
Found it on northern wisc craigslist. Turns out the OO is a great guy, he pampered the car, and really had a hard time letting it go. I'm nearing retirement and will treasure this car, hoping to hand it down to my son some day.

hi and welcome to the site ,very nice score ,very nice looking 79 Magnum GT :thumbsup:

My dad has the twin to your car. Only difference is it's a 360. Nice car!

Nice.

78 was last year of big block B body.

79 was 360.

Auto Transport Service
Back