• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PST's New 20:1 Mopar Manual Steering Box Is Here !!!

PST

FBBO Vendor
FBBO Sponsor
Local time
4:47 PM
Reaction score
Are you looking for the best of both worlds when it comes to manual steering on your Mopar? Mopars with manual steering of the 1960s and early 70s came with a 24:1 ratio (standard equipment) or the close ratio 16:1 steering box. The advantage of the 24:1 was that it was easy to turn but required 5 turns lock-to-lock whereas the 16:1, or fast ratio, only required 3.5 but required more effort from the driver. PST has given you the best of both worlds by building and designing a steering box with a 20:1 ratio. This box requires less rotation of the steering wheel from lock-to-lock as seen with the 24:1 and less effort to turn unlike the 16:1 ratio. If you are looking for a steering box that offers advantages of box boxes, PST’s new production 20:1 steering box is the one to buy. Plus, for those that track their car, gain weight savings and horsepower by eliminating the power steering box and pump from the front of the car. This ends up helping with quicker weight transfer to the rear wheels and more horsepower by eliminating the drag of the pump on the engine. PST’s manual 20:1 Mopar box is available for A, B, and E body Mopars like the Dart, Valiant, Charger, Coronet, Roadrunner, Barracuda and Challenger.

Mopar MSBOX8831-1[41764] (1).jpg

Wished that was available, when I bought my 16 to 1 from them ! It’s tough on a old guy to steer ! Product is quality, but a bummer to turn!

Are you looking for the best of both worlds when it comes to manual steering on your Mopar? Mopars with manual steering of the 1960s and early 70s came with a 24:1 ratio (standard equipment) or the close ratio 16:1 steering box. The advantage of the 24:1 was that it was easy to turn but required 5 turns lock-to-lock whereas the 16:1, or fast ratio, only required 3.5 but required more effort from the driver. PST has given you the best of both worlds by building and designing a steering box with a 20:1 ratio. This box requires less rotation of the steering wheel from lock-to-lock as seen with the 24:1 and less effort to turn unlike the 16:1 ratio. If you are looking for a steering box that offers advantages of box boxes, PST’s new production 20:1 steering box is the one to buy. Plus, for those that track their car, gain weight savings and horsepower by eliminating the power steering box and pump from the front of the car. This ends up helping with quicker weight transfer to the rear wheels and more horsepower by eliminating the drag of the pump on the engine. PST’s manual 20:1 Mopar box is available for A, B, and E body Mopars like the Dart, Valiant, Charger, Coronet, Roadrunner, Barracuda and Challenger.

View attachment 1233556
Been waiting a long time for these. Just ordered 1 and will be getting another this spring. Thanks for putting in the time and money to get these on the market.

Ordered on Monday and in my hands this morning. Looks nice :thumbsup:.

20220204_101606.jpg 20220204_101554.jpg

Let us know what you think when it’s installed.I’m planning on ordering one depending on the reviews.

Let us know what you think when it’s installed.I’m planning on ordering one depending on the reviews.
Will do. Unfortunately it will be spring before I can test it out.

Did you get a chance to try this out?

Did you get a chance to try this out?
Yes, put some miles on my Road Runner with the 20:1 box. And as a matter of fact, my second one was dropped off by FedEx just 10 minutes ago. That one is going in my Bee, hopefully this weekend.

So, I guess if you ordered another, you must like it.

I do. It is a nice compromise between the stock 24:1 and a 16:1. I have a 16 in my Duster and absolutely love it. Tried one in a heavier B-body, and didn't care for it at slow speeds with a 4'speed.

Interesting.

View attachment 1233556

Any current discounts for A body members. Order one by Monday

Any current discounts for A body members. Order one by Monday

Auto Transport Service
Back