• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PUI Seat Cover Problem

Joe Del Monte

Local time
8:33 AM
Reaction score
Hi I bought PUI set covers for my 68 Charger, the back seat cover were 3" too short. Called PUI they wanted several pictures. I provided them with definite proof that they screwed up but they would not admit that is was there fault. I bought them at JEGS so I have to ship them back at my expense. Do not buy from PUI. This is a picture of my old one compaired to the PUI one. Not even close.

20240326_182945.jpg

Hi I bought PUI set covers for my 68 Charger, the back seat cover were 3" too short. Called PUI they wanted several pictures. I provided them with definite proof that they screwed up but they would not admit that is was there fault. I bought them at JEGS so I have to ship them back at my expense. Do not buy from PUI. This is a picture of my old one compaired to the PUI one. Not even close.

View attachment 1636036
Musta got wet

I thought about going that route but was told buy Legendary , buy once and cry once.

I was going to buy Legendary but is was a 13 month lead time. If I get my money back I will order from them.

Yeah, their lead time is longggggggggggggggggg. I think they said 28 weeks when i ordered mine during their Black Friday sale. PUI better give your money back. That cover is comical how small it is.

I was going to buy Legendary but is was a 13 month lead time. If I get my money back I will order from them.
I just can’t understand why legendary doesn’t hire or train more upholsterers. It seems to me they could make a larger profit. Obviously the orders are rolling in faster than they can make the stuff

I just can’t understand why legendary doesn’t hire or train more upholsterers. It seems to me they could make a larger profit. Obviously the orders are rolling in faster than they can make the stuff
Just poor old aunt Elsie in the back..

Looks like the used a B body convertible for a pattern.

That's crazy.

...and can't possibly be the first time, can it?

I bet they can't find anyone to do the work right consistently, you know keep the seams straight, make it the right size and things like that.

The part I cannot get over is that they would not send me another set, they could not admit they made a mistake. They even measured one they had at their shop which was the right size. I also bought the front seats and the foam so I am sending it all back and they do not care. They told me to buy it from another vendor.

Legendary has ways stood behind their products for me. You have to remember how small of a market this stuff is. I bought pui once, returned it and waited for Legendary.

The problem isn’t in the labor dept, it’s in the availability of the raw goods to make the covers.

Auto Transport Service
Back