• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pulley alignment challenge

And then throw into the mix from 73 up the water pump housing changed, which caused the power steering brackets to change......

Mark

I have a set of pulleys and alternator brackets as shown on Post#6. $50.00 US. plus shipping cost from N5H 2R2 in Ontario. Note that there are a couple of water pump designs. The picture of your water pump and the one on post #6 are the same, with the alternator bracket hole near the water neck. The brackets I have are for this earlier pump. I will post pictures if you are interested.
Thanks Dave6T4... I would be interested in seeing what the "right" setup looks like. I have a full set of pulleys for the 440 but they are for A/C... i.e. 2 tracks on the water pully and 4 on the crank pully. I also have a set off a small block... single track on the water pully and 2 tracks on the crank. That's what is pictured in #7. I note the two track pully has one hole off-set and I have read that is for a 7/8" thick 65 balancer. The 66-72 have a 1-5/8" thick balancer which is just about right. I am about 1/2" out of alignment. I am looking at getting this Internal / External Balance Black Damper-440 Source but I don't want to order it if it won't match the pulleys I have.

1678923202423.png

Auto Transport Service
Back