• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

QA1 Lower Control Arm with sway bar

tjdriscoll

Local time
4:52 AM
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been in the process of rebuilding my entire front suspension on my '68 Charger.
Today while pressing in new pivot shaft bushings, I bent one of my lower control arms. I am beyond mad at myself at the moment now that I have to find a replacement. Trouble is, it doesn't seem like there are many LCAs available out there. Ones I did find do not have the sway bar tab.

I did stumble across QA1's tubular LCA and am considering it. I did purchase their uppers and their adjustable shocks for this build. The problem it looks like is that they don't run a sway bar unless you go with their tubular k-member setup which is not something I want to pursuit. I already purchased a Hotchkis front sway bar that would work with my factory LCAs. (not installed yet)

If I go the route and get the QA1 LCAs, can I still use my Hotchkis sway bar? I have a big block car that came with a sway bar from the factory so I'd like to keep one installed.

EDIT: moved post to Suspension thread.
https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/qa1-lowers-with-sway-bar.242916/

Last edited:
I asked the same question when I spoke to the QA1 reps at the Nats, there’s no sway bar provision if you are using a stock k-member.

I asked the same question when I spoke to the QA1 reps at the Nats, there’s no sway bar provision if you are using a stock k-member.
I have successfully used a Hotchkiss bar with QA1 lowers and stock k member. You just neep to fab up a bracket that attaches to the the shock mount.

PXL_20220510_040532086.jpg

PXL_20220514_180018602.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back