• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Qa1 suspension options

I got so " wordy " I forgot to post pic .. or then again maybe it has to do with being over 60 .

DSCN3045.JPG

Coil over K-frame or torsion bar K-frame?
Coil over k frame front conversion...and the rear is what I'm on the fence about. Conversion to coilover...or going with new leaf springs and some new/high quality shocks.

Coil over k frame front conversion...and the rear is what I'm on the fence about. Conversion to coilover...or going with new leaf springs and some new/high quality shocks.
To me, that’s like going to a wedding wearing a suit jacket, shirt and tie. But instead of suit trousers, you wear basketball shorts.

I went with CalTracs and their split mono leaf rear suspension , Dana 60 , TF 727 . Have not done a lot of tuning with it so far , just set it up with their standard recommendations , and it seems to work very well so far . Keep in mind that my road surface near my house is chip-seal asphalt that is a couple years old , and it gives VERY good traction . This is not an everyday driver , more like a cruise nite car . Maybe a few hundred miles in a year.

Auto Transport Service
Back